Main Menu

Dredd classified 18 by the BBFC-yay!

Started by chuffsteruk, 29 August, 2012, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Quote from: JTurner on 29 August, 2012, 06:39:09 PM
Having just re-watched the trailer, I'd say it's the drug references that helped earn the 18 rather than the violence.

The BBFC's 'Consumer Advice' reflects why they give a film the rating they do. Of Dredd, they state "Contains frequent strong bloody violence and gore". No mention of drugs. It could be they don't care about the drug use because the particular drug depicted is fictional.

JTurner

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 29 August, 2012, 07:05:21 PM
Quote from: JTurner on 29 August, 2012, 06:39:09 PM
Having just re-watched the trailer, I'd say it's the drug references that helped earn the 18 rather than the violence.

The BBFC's 'Consumer Advice' reflects why they give a film the rating they do. Of Dredd, they state "Contains frequent strong bloody violence and gore". No mention of drugs. It could be they don't care about the drug use because the particular drug depicted is fictional.

I'm surprised at that. The 'bloody' part of the violence makes sense though - they do get upset at the sight of the red stuff.

chuffsteruk

Click on the extended classification section and you'll see why it's an 18!!(beware, MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

Spikes

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 29 August, 2012, 07:34:34 PM
Click on the extended classification section and you'll see why it's an 18!!(beware, MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

...and like a Moth to a flame, i did. In a one eye closed/trying not to look kinda way,  ;)
Blimey, this film is, visually, gonna pack one hell of a punch, i think. I notice that it states that no cuts were made either.
Right, just over a week left to go, and ive made it this far relatively spoiler free, so no more peeping from me.

dweezil2

Very happy that the film hasn't been compromised to get a lower certificate.  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Buttonman

Requiem for a Dream was an '18' certificate but that was totally off its tits on drugs.

Maybe the Dredd is an '18' due to extensive sex scene and lots of gratuitous nudity. Can but hope!

COMMANDO FORCES

I can't believe it's an 18, I thought it was going for a U or at least a PG ::)

MR. ELIMINATOR

Do you think Drokk is considered 'strong language'?

chuffsteruk

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 29 August, 2012, 08:28:56 PM

Wash your Drokkin' mouth out!

MattJW

I'm not averse to violence in a film like this, but I wonder if the [spoiler]penis biting scene[/spoiler] is really necessary....

Goaty

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 29 August, 2012, 08:35:12 PM

Stop Drokkin' swearings, you pair of Drokkin' kids!

Stan

Quote from: MattJW on 29 August, 2012, 08:35:36 PM

I'm not averse to violence in a film like this, but I wonder if the [spoiler]penis biting scene[/spoiler] is really necessary....

I recall something about a wince-inducing scene featuring Ma Ma. I would assume this is it.

Stan

Damn it it all to hell. Spoiler tag is the next one up.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MattJW on 29 August, 2012, 08:35:36 PM

Worked fine in Cross of Iron.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Goaty on 29 August, 2012, 08:38:15 PM
Quote from: chuffsteruk on 29 August, 2012, 08:35:12 PM

Stop Drokkin' swearings, you pair of Drokkin' kids!

Drokk yoy, Mother Drokker!! :lol: