Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Because I'm a doofus, I've just added all these to the 2023 thread.

Here's the short version:

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files: Volume 43 - Paperback, 304 pages, 18th January 2024

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy 3: The 2000 AD Years - Hardcover, 192 pages, 1st February 2024

Judge Dredd: A Penitent Man - Paperback, 128 pages, 14th March 2024

Hellman of Hammer Force: The Early Adventures: Volume 2 - Paperback, 128 pages, 28th March 2024

Essential Rogue Trooper: Genetic Infantryman: Volume 1 -  Paperback, 160 pages, 28th March 2024

Joe Pineapples: Tin Man -  Hardcover, 96 pages, 11th April 2024
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

40 Years of Scream! Hardcover, 464 pages, 25 April 2024

464 pages!  Could this be every issue of Scream reprinted in a single volume?  Has "Diceman" kicked off a trend?  Will we soon see the Complete School Fun for everyone to, er, not buy?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Lowborn High: Volume 1 - Paperback, 112 pages, 25th April 2024

For as long as anyone can remember, Wychdusk Manor has been the school to which all the top magical novices are sent, where they are trained to become the world's greatest wizards. There, students are taught every form of spellcasting by the wisest of mages, and to be part of Wychdusk's alumni is an incredible honour. But what about those that don't make the grade, that don't have the talent or the family name to make it to this prestigious establishment? For them, there's LOWBORN HIGH, a rundown inner-city comprehensive that is often struggling with funding, but its pupils can still be capable of some truly amazing feats. Androgeus Frost has recently joined the school, becoming friends with Maisy, Ali and Drill.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Best of 2000 AD: Volume 5 - Paperback, 192 pages, 15th February 2024

In this volume: Judge Dredd raises only the law when Mega City One's super-rich consider themselves above it all in Elevator Pitch; crash-land on a Death Planet as Al Ewing (The Immortal Hulk) and Henry Flint (Eerie) introduce the monstrous, weaponized (but dead polite) Zombo; go Swimming in Blood with occult detective Devlin Waugh as he investigates a vampire outbreak in an underwater prison by John Smith (Hellblazer) and Sean Phillips (Reckless, Night Fever); ride out into the Godless wasteland of the Cursed Earth and witness Gordon Rennie (Doctor Who) and Frank Quitely (All-Star Superman) preach faith through firepower in Missionary Man.

Boasting brand new covers from an all-star line-up of artists including Annie Wu (Hawkeye, Black Canary) and Evan Cagle (Dune, Detective Comics) with designer Tom Muller (X-Men), Best of 2000 AD is the essential gateway into the Galaxy's Greatest Comic.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

Yup -

Hellman of Hammer Force: The Early Adventures: Volume 2 - Paperback, 128 pages, 28th March 2024

There has never before been an anti-hero like Hellman of Hammer Force in British comics!

From the invasion of Poland in 1939 through to the fall of Berlin in 1945, Hellman of Hammer Force saw action on many fronts, and this collection contains all the hard-hitting war stories told through the eyes of Hellman which were published in Battle from 1977 through to 1978.

This ground-breaking series of thrilling combat is written by Gerry Finley-Day (Rogue Trooper) and drawn by Mike Dorey (Ro-Busters) and Patrick Wright (Day of the Eagle).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files: Volume 43 - Paperback, 304 pages, 18th January 2024

Dawn of Justice!

In this volume of the best-selling Complete Case Files series, Dredd uncovers the House of Pain, a no-way-out, brutal torture prison for serial perps, and must stop Orlok from spreading a lethal bio-virus – from beyond the grave! And, after a mysterious package is delivered to the Grand Hall of Justice, Dredd ventures into the Cursed Earth in search of answers that will unveil the history of the Judges, and their ascent to total power.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy 3: The 2000 AD Years - Hardcover, 192 pages, 1st February 2024

In 2150 a catastrophic war led to 70% of Britain's population being wiped out. Strontium 90 fallout led to an increase of children being born with strange mutations. Hated by average humans, the mutants faced terrible oppression when politician, Nelson Kreelman, introduced a series of anti-mutant laws enforced by a brutal police force.

In 2167 the mutants decided to fight back. Amongst their ranks was a young boy with named Johnny Alpha with white blank eyes and a mutant power that grants him a series of powers, including the ability to see through many surfaces. Driven by personal tragedy, Johnny has a very personal reason wanting to topple the regime and bring Kreeler down.

Co-written by Alan Grant (Batman)and John Wagner (A History of Violence) and featuring the artwork of Carlos Ezquerra (Judge Dredd), this collection features the explosive origin of Johnny Alpha in 'Portrait of a Mutant', a tale widely considered to be the greatest Strontium Dog story of all.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: A Penitent Man - Paperback, 128 pages, 14th March 2024

Former Judge, Kyle Asher, returns from the penal colony on Titan after serving twenty years. Working as a third-class sludge technician he is determined to prove that he can still serve the city he swore an oath to, Judge Dredd is not so sure of him, and questions whether there is such a thing as a penitent man in a place like Mega-City One. However the SJS, the Judges Internal Affairs division, are determined to run Asher out of town, and Dredd wants to know the reason why.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Essential Rogue Trooper: Genetic Infantryman: Volume 1 -  Paperback, 160 pages, 28th March 2024

The first of a new series in the Essential line featuring 2000 AD's legendary war machine, Rogue Trooper!

Rogue Trooper is the last of the G.I.s – genetically-engineered infantrymen designed to sustain/withstand the noxious atmosphere of Nu-Earth, a planet ravaged by the conflict between Norts and Southers. A lone survivor of the Quartz Massacre, equipped with the bio-chips of his fallen clone brothers, he crosses the war-torn landscape in search of the Traitor General, the man responsible for their deaths – and will not rest until he has his revenge!

The first volume in the Essential series features stories by creators Gerry Finley-Day and Dave Gibbons (Watchmen), with art by Colin Wilson (Judge Dredd) and Cam Kennedy (Star Wars: Dark Empire).

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

That's a very strong line-up for best-of 5. A recent Dredd with gorgeous Weston art. Zombo. Swimming in Blood. Missionary Man. I've no idea if these books are moving the needle in the US, but I bloody hope so.

Tjm86

3 titles that are pretty much essential (well, to me anyway).  That Scream! volume has a tidy price tag on Amazon (£75!) but then again the page count justifies it.  Can forgive the fact that I've already got the 13th Floor volumes.

Stront in hardback with possible some of the strongest stories of the run.  Aye, that's another for sure.

... and Hellman.  Again the Battle volumes really do stand up well, especially the hardbacks. With some gorgeous Dorey artwork that one is one to look forward to.

As I've said elsewhere, I'd like Rebellion to give Rogue Trooper the hardback treatment too.  Gibbons, Wilson, Ewins and Kennedy all produced absolutely amazing artwork.  Then again this was at the height of Tooth's early 80's run so it's hardly surprising.  Guess I'll have to add this to the 'never going to be realised dream' list alongside Ian Kennedy's incredible Dan Dare run.   :(

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tjm86 on 07 July, 2023, 04:21:10 PMThat Scream! volume has a tidy price tag on Amazon (£75!) but then again the page count justifies it.

At that size and price, it just has to be a reprint of the complete run (or as near as), doesn't it?  I can't see what else it could be.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Tjm86

Aye, that seems reasonable.  We'll have to wait and see .... then wait for it to arrive ... then digest it in a heartbeat ....