Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Black Max Vol 3 (Webshop Edition):

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

rogue69

Battle Action volume 2 Hardcover – 29 Feb. 2024 £22.99 (Amazon)

Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Boys) returns to Battle Action and brings a roster of writers and artists to help him resurrect characters from the classic UK comics Battle and Action. From air ace Johnny Red to the daring Nina Petrova, and from lethal British agent Dredger to the louche Major Eazy.

In total this collection includes 12 action-packed stories from some of the most popular writers in modern comics; John Wagner (Judge Dredd), Torunn Grønbekk (Thor, Star Wars), Rob Williams (Suicide Squad) and Dan Abnett (Guardians of the Galaxy), and features art by some of the most in-demand comic artists including Chris Burnham (Doom Patrol, Batman) and John Higgins (Watchmen, Dreadnoughts). This collection brings you blazing Battle Action on every page!

IndigoPrime

So is that the floppy run compiled?

broodblik

Looks like it wish more for a new "hardcover" edition that a collection
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 July, 2023, 02:38:14 PMStrontium Dog Search and Destroy 3: The 2000 AD Years - Hardcover, 192 pages, 1st February 2024

In 2150 a catastrophic war led to 70% of Britain's population being wiped out. Strontium 90 fallout led to an increase of children being born with strange mutations. Hated by average humans, the mutants faced terrible oppression when politician, Nelson Kreelman, introduced a series of anti-mutant laws enforced by a brutal police force.

In 2167 the mutants decided to fight back. Amongst their ranks was a young boy with named Johnny Alpha with white blank eyes and a mutant power that grants him a series of powers, including the ability to see through many surfaces. Driven by personal tragedy, Johnny has a very personal reason wanting to topple the regime and bring Kreeler down.

Co-written by Alan Grant (Batman)and John Wagner (A History of Violence) and featuring the artwork of Carlos Ezquerra (Judge Dredd), this collection features the explosive origin of Johnny Alpha in 'Portrait of a Mutant', a tale widely considered to be the greatest Strontium Dog story of all.

Webshop edition:

Stories include:

Mutie's Luck
The Doc Quince Case
The Bad Boys Bust
Portrait of a Mutant
Assault on Trigol 3!
The Kroll Affair
The Kurtis Affair
Night of the Blood Freaks
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Cover for Lowborn High coming April 2024:

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 15 October, 2023, 07:02:38 AMCover for Lowborn High coming April 2024:

You'd nod off just trying to get through the cover tag-line.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Funt Solo

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 October, 2023, 11:58:29 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 15 October, 2023, 07:02:38 AMCover for Lowborn High coming April 2024:

You'd nod off just trying to get through the cover tag-line.

It's easy to mock, and I'd started to drum something up in my head that started with "Furries: check!" - but by the time I got to the end of my idea I was gammon-channeling Piers Morgan.
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

nxylas

I always get a chuckle out of the names Jerry Siegel and Reg Bunn. "From the co-creator of Superman, and a character who sounds like he was played by Peter Butterworth in a Carry On film".
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

What a fantastic cover this one has.

Best of 2000 Ad Volume 6 - Paperback, 4th June 2024, 192 pages

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 29 August, 2023, 08:20:20 AMCover for Rogue Trooper "Blighty-Valley":

Cover updated with blurbs.  Listing suggests it's hardback.

The composition of this picture is fantastic.

Rogue Trooper: Blighty Valley - Hardcover(?), 2nd July 2024, 96 pages

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll