Main Menu

Case Files on Kindle £1.89

Started by gronk guy, 20 May, 2013, 02:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: sheldipez on 19 January, 2014, 01:53:28 PM
It'd be nice if 2000 AD had a presence on Comixology. You know it would be a nice earner.
Mostly for Comixology.

sheldipez

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 January, 2014, 07:06:49 PM
Quote from: sheldipez on 19 January, 2014, 01:53:28 PM
It'd be nice if 2000 AD had a presence on Comixology. You know it would be a nice earner.
Mostly for Comixology.

As opposed to UK retail?

IndigoPrime

sheldipez

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 January, 2014, 12:23:07 AM
Quote from: sheldipez on 19 January, 2014, 07:07:42 PMAs opposed to UK retail?
As opposed to Rebellion's own app.
Because everyone has that. The android version is brilliant.

I can understand the reasoning for more control meaning more profits but it just means less people buying it. Just like Dark Horse isn't on comixology so they're gonna not gonna sell as much stock.

I personally will fanny on with click wheel but it's daft that 2000 ad is represented on Comixology by IDWs Dredd. Brilliant front man.

The Adventurer

Publishers should control their distribution if they can. If I don't have to pay Apple, and/or a middleman like ComiXology, all the better) Rebellion is doing everything (mostly right). Now if I could just convince Dark Horse to go DRM-free... we'd be all set.

You're right about ComiXology being more visible. But by the same token being lumped in there is going to help lose you (the publisher) in the shuffle.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

Discoverability in a large store only works if you're prominent. Comixology's fine if you know what you're looking for, but the same brands are 'advertised' in the app time and time again. And it doesn't necessarily follow that 2000 AD would sell more if it happened to be in that app rather than Rebellion controlling its own digital destiny.

As for Android, I take it people noticed Rebellion advertising for an Android dev? Now, there's obviously not been any formal announcement of what that means, but it's not a huge leap to suggest it might be about getting 2000 AD on to that platform.