Main Menu

Anyone creative types fancy starting a new art blog?

Started by chris_askham, 24 February, 2011, 12:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_askham

Judging by all the fancy artwork we see posted up on the various threads on this site, there are obviously a lot of talented folk out there, so I wondered if anyone fancies getting together to start a new art blog? Something along the lines of Scotch Corner and Drawbridge, where someone picks a theme and we give ourselves a week or so to come up with something.

Anyone fancy that?

For me it's a good incentive to keep drawing stuff on a regular basis, and involving other folk adds a bit of friendly competition.

Anyone interested can pm me or post here.

Chris.

flip-r mk2

I'll give it a go ,anything to get me drawing more regularly as well.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

SuperSurfer

I'm defo up for this, Chris. Something to force me to do more drawing. Not knocking the (fantastic) art comps but they require thinking. I just wanna draw.

Daveycandlish

I'm up for that.

I tend to just put my PARAGON stuff on my blog, so it would be nice to post other stuff elsewhere
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

CrazyFoxMachine

Colin YNWA

Haven't the time or (more importantly) the talent to contribute to such a blog but if you want the encouragement of a guaranteed reader I can offer that!

Dunk!

"Trust we"

locustsofdeath!

I'll write for all you talented bastards. Just saying.  :D :D :D

Lady Festina

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 24 February, 2011, 09:47:11 AM
I'll write for all you talented bastards. Just saying.  :D :D :D

When LoD gets inundated with writing offers, I'll be his back-up scribe....  :)

chris_askham

Glad that so many want to get involved, I'll have a think about it later on. I thought we would choose a new theme each week, and have an allotted time for all entries to be posted by. No hassle to enter each and every week, just as and when you can be bothered.

We will need a title for the blog though, and I'm crap at things like that so if anyone else thinks of anything...

redbaz

chris_askham

If everyone interested can send me there email address, it might be easier to discuss things that way. Also, some people wanting to contribute are not board members, so it'll be easier to just copy everyone into an email.

My address -

cdotaskhamatntlworlddotcom

If the majority of people get back to me by tomorrow, then we can get the ball rolling.

Cheers.

chris_askham

Any more takers for this? It would be pretty good if we could kick this off tomorrow.