Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 July, 2019, 10:17:22 PM
There's already a stream and a fallen tree, and there'll soon be a woodburning stove, a hammock, some seats and a solar light. Oh, and some camouflaged tarp to hide it all when I'm away.  Keep it under your hat, though.  I can't tell if I'm breaking laws or not.

Probably.  My advice would be not to get too attached to it - the landowner could turn up one day and actually do something with the land (or maybe they won't - no-one can predict).

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 July, 2019, 12:30:46 PM

Unregistered Land And Unclaimed Land:
How To Register Or Claim It.
You never know...

Now that's interesting (though will the same laws apply in Jayzus' jurisdiction?) - so as long as it's maintained for 10-12 years there could be a claim...

TordelBack

Sure he'll have the bunker from Lost sorted out by then.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 09 July, 2019, 10:40:51 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 July, 2019, 10:17:22 PM
There's already a stream and a fallen tree, and there'll soon be a woodburning stove, a hammock, some seats and a solar light. Oh, and some camouflaged tarp to hide it all when I'm away.  Keep it under your hat, though.  I can't tell if I'm breaking laws or not.

Probably.  My advice would be not to get too attached to it - the landowner could turn up one day and actually do something with the land (or maybe they won't - no-one can predict).

Ah yeah, I know that.  It's not really intended to be a long-term thing.  (Or, of course, maybe it will be - as you say, no one can predict.)
There is an adjoining field, so it could well belong to the owner of that, but given that it's essentially just an overgrown ditch beside the canal it could well be Waterways Ireland property too; in which case I'm not too worried.

And if I am breaking laws, I doubt i'll be doing any prison time - all I'm essentially doing is cutting some weeds down in a very small, agriculturally useless patch of tree-surrounded mud and putting a few objects around the place.
We used to spend all our time doing the same as kids - that is, when we weren't playing Jet Set Willy and Horace Goes Skiing.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

The world is on fire, the world is being run by sock puppets and in general lifes a bit shit.

But Chester Zoo just welcomed a new baby Tapir into the world so i'd say this is a pretty happy day in Hawk Towers.

TordelBack

Take the fingers right off you, those things.

England all out for 85 before lunch.  Oh I know Ireland will probably get skittled this afternoon and spoil it all, but still, fun morning and I needed a giggle!  Murtagh once practiced bowling in my old garden, you know.

The Legendary Shark

Heh, I read that as 'Martok' - batting for the glory of the Empire!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

and I read it as "practised blowing" ... an entirely different story!

JayzusB.Christ

I've been ripping fuck out of my palm and finger with a sterilised craft scalpel but I've finally got two splinters out.  It hurts like a bastard but it's a much sweeter pain than that of having wood inside my skin all day.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Smith

I wasnt here in a while,so anyway...I have a job again. Travel is kinda killing be,but its okay otherwise.

Funt Solo

...I got a third monitor attached to my laptop. Kick ass.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Rately

Got my cinema / geek room into some sort of shape. Should be done by weekend.

Just need to decide where i put my Ultimate Collection, and assorted Graphic Novels!