Main Menu

Hyperdrive - New BBC Sci-Fi Comedy

Started by Mudcrab, 15 September, 2005, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

It's going to be difficult to get past the first episode without comparing it to red dwarf (assuming you like red dwarf that it). Still, I would predict that it's going to be vastly better than that superhero crap with Father Dougal.

We shall see.

"It actually sounds remarkably similar to a radio sitcom that a friend and I wrote a few years back, the whole purpose of which was to be the exact antithesis of Red Dwarf and all similar crap sf comedy."

- Wow, I hope you held your nose in the air when you said that! You've changed my whole outlook on comedy now. I was such a fool to like Red Dwarf and all those other crap sci-fi comedy shows. I hope your idea gets made, it sounds soooo much better!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Byron Virgo

"I hope your idea gets made, it sounds soooo much better!"

Really? Personally, I thought it was self-imporatant, unoriginal rubbish, which was why we never got beyond the pilot.

Red Dwarf still is one of the unfunniest comedies I've ever had the misfortune to watch (though, to be fair, there were lots worse)

Bad Andy

Unfunnier than Hardware? Don't fink so.

Incidentally I saw an ad for an editor to the Red Dwarf 'part works' magazine a couple of months ago. If ever there was a clearer indication that the good time have gone and are not coming back - that is it.http://www.talkbackthames.tv/uploads/images/1070288769549_0.49723058807109033.gif">

Mudcrab

Well, different strokes etc.

He he, see what I did there?http://www.seeing-stars.com/Images/People/DifferentStrokes.JPG">
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Steve Green

After seeing that My Hero is getting another series despite Ardal O'Hanlon quitting I'm grateful for small mercies.

- Steve

DavidXBrunt

I really liked Hardware, but mainly because I fancied the female lead.

Byron Virgo

"Well, different strokes etc."

Whatchu talkin'bout, Lobster?

Mudcrab

lol, they don't make 'em like they used to...

thankfully.

Was it actually good, I really can't remember?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

archangel 1

In total agreement with you here,hey here's an idea maybe the beeb should put this money into a new series of Red Dwarf,instead of coming up with what sound's like a pile of donkey shite,Nick frost should fire his agent the beeb will kill his career,just like they did with jessica stephenson's life according to bex anyone?,no ,did'nt think so!

The Amstor Computer

Why should the Beeb put any more money into Red Dwarf? It was shite for several seasons, and had plenty of money chucked at it.

I'd much rather they tried something new than plough more time, talent and money into tired rubbish like RD or My Hero - even if it does mean the occasional Green Green Grass.

Mudcrab

"and had plenty of money chucked at it"

That seemed to be the problem, it was at it's best when it was cheaply done. Holly Hop Drive, best prop ever :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

archangel 1

well what would you want more my hero??maybe you want to see victor meldrew dug up and roam the world muttering "i don't beleive it" forever at least Red dwarf was original and funny,let's face it the beeb think's it's hit a golden seam of tv gold after doctor who,how wrong they all are,as with Robo hunter i was right about it being a joke and i am right about this,you'll see.
;D

The Amstor Computer

Did you actually read what I wrote? Apparently not.

archangel 1

actually i did i was being sarcastic,or is your hard drive not computing that?? ;D

Mudcrab

victor meldrew dug up and roam the world muttering "i don't beleive it"

it worked on Father Ted!

But that's a work of genius in itself. C'mon, raise your tin's/glasses/bongs Cheers Dermot!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!