Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Rabbits:  Non-native, introduced to British Isles by the Normans (some say the Romans).  Smaller, shorter ears and hind legs, nest underground, social animals, eat soft stems/grass/veg, born very immature.  

Hares:  Native to Britain and Ireland. Larger, longer ears and hind legs, coats change colour seasonally, nest and live above ground, solitary animals, eat twiggy vegetation, shoots etc. born fully furred and mobile.

They both eat their own poo, though.  I'm sure House of Usher can elaborate.

Peter Wolf

There are a LOT more Rabbits around than Hares and i have only seen a Hare once years ago in the Castle Howard estate and that was 20 years ago so they must be very scarce.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 06 August, 2010, 07:36:33 PM
There are a LOT more Rabbits around than Hares

That's 'cause they breed like, err...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Hares prefer unimproved ground with plenty of cover, rabbits are happy enough with parks, lawns and golf courses.  Guess which species is in decline.  We have two species of hare in Ireland, our native Irish, and the introduced Brown or European hare.  Does Britain still have an introduced as well as a native strain?  (I only know this stuff because they're useful archaeological dating markers:  rabbit bones = 12th C or later; Brown hare = 19th C or later).

M.I.K.

Seems to be quite a few around here. Saw two while out for a walk a couple of days ago, both in fields next to woodland.

johnnystress

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 August, 2010, 07:48:00 PM
Hares prefer unimproved ground with plenty of cover, rabbits are happy enough with parks, lawns and golf courses.  Guess which species is in decline.  We have two species of hare in Ireland, our native Irish, and the introduced Brown or European hare.  Does Britain still have an introduced as well as a native strain?  (I only know this stuff because they're useful archaeological dating markers:  rabbit bones = 12th C or later; Brown hare = 19th C or later).

I did not know that. I love hares and this makes me very happy

"Those are hares, not silly old rabbits. Lovely march hares."

Danbo

Captin Price from the Call of Duty games
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's him alright you can tell by the moustache. :) Love the gun.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

staticgirl

I see a lot of hares from the train when I'm travelling through Sth Lincs.  There are parts of the county where local by-laws have been enacted to make it illegal to go lamping and hare populations have increased greatly. Which is a good thing because they are wonderful.

I drew a rabbit because my cousin's little boy hasn't seen one near him in Kent and the picture I used as rabbit ref was bigger in his I-spy book. :)

I don't like Zombies anymore - I had to go on a diet because I was having seriously bad Zombie nightmares. :)

Emperor

Quote from: staticgirl on 07 August, 2010, 03:14:58 PMI don't like Zombies anymore - I had to go on a diet because I was having seriously bad Zombie nightmares. :)

You say nightmare, I say premonitions.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 07 August, 2010, 04:58:31 PM
Quote from: staticgirl on 07 August, 2010, 03:14:58 PMI don't like Zombies anymore - I had to go on a diet because I was having seriously bad Zombie nightmares. :)

You say nightmare, I say premonitions.

@Staticgirl obviously doesnt get out very much because whenever i go into town or into a shop there are usually Zombies to be found.There was a whole queue of them in a shop earlier on.They are usually passive rather than aggressive.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Woolly

Richdraws

This is the first attempt at figuring out how I would like to draw Dredd. I am not convinced by this first version so would love some feedback - I will probably post more up shortly...

Please read my comic No Place Like Home
http://noonemournsthewicked.com/

My Blog
http://drorinnoconclusions.blogspot.com/

CrazyFoxMachine

Woolly - I don't want to hear a bad word from your noggin about that piece it's extraordinary -

the other dude, I love it - it's completely utterly Coleby though. Atmospheric.