Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Woolly on 07 August, 2010, 09:48:18 PM
My latest over-worked sketch.. ;)

Over-worked?? I'll take over-worked every day of the week. Reminds me a bit of the first image of the examples of Bianchi's Thor work - I could see it as a cover somewhere. You know the pressure is only going to be on to see some colour sequential work ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Darren Stephens

Great picsd Woolly and Richdraws. I agree....that is one cool looking Wulf.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

IAMTHESYSTEM

You' ll be a paintin' covers for Tharg in no time Woolly!

Remembers us heathens when it happens!

Richdraws
Dredd looks mean, moody and tough and the yellow/green blue/green colours work perfectly.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Woolly

Cheers, i might finish it sometime.  :)

Richdraws - That Dredd's spot on. Maybe a bit more red on the helmet (oo-er!)

staticgirl

Woolly - Just keep on overworking yr sketches if they're gonna be like that

Richdraws - that's moody I like it.

Peter - you're right. That's why I don't go shopping on a Saturday anymore

Jim_Campbell

Ooh. Hello. No idea where he came from, but this is the first thing I've drawn in ages where I've felt like I've made some headway on my inks.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Fatboydale

As a collector of 2000ad art , i really fucking like this , nice clean lines ... only draw back is Alhpa should have his helm on , otherwise better than some pro's ...

uncle fester

What's not to like about this thread? I come back after a few days and there's five more pieces of stunning art and a full explanation about the difference between rabbits and hares.

*Awards One Gold Star*

Kerrin

Holy Crap! Wooly, Rich and Jim, they're all class.

Wooly, you should really be doing this professionally.

Richdraws, I love the inking and the Megacityscape is fantastic.

Jim, you're not wrong about making headway with the inks. Great image and the composition works brilliantly.

CrazyFoxMachine

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 08 August, 2010, 02:25:25 AM

Over-worked?? I'll take over-worked every day of the week. Reminds me a bit of the first image of the examples of Bianchi's Thor work - I could see it as a cover somewhere. You know the pressure is only going to be on to see some colour sequential work ;)

Ah ha! I know what this reminds me of - Dermot Power, Treasure of Britain in particular (prog 1006 specifically). And you know what? I prefer Wolly's style. We need to see more.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 August, 2010, 04:53:07 PM
Ooh. Hello. No idea where he came from, but this is the first thing I've drawn in ages where I've felt like I've made some headway on my inks.

Cheers!

Jim

I like and especially the detailed areas inbetween the flat plain surfaces that the figure is standing on.Those were what my eye was drawn to when i first looked at this piece.I like the cloud effects well.

There is a bit too much blacked out area around the crotch area of the character where it looks like there should be a bit more light.Sorry to niggle and i am learning how to ink myself which is ongoing.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Photo-reffed, but I'm quite happy with the results.

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

nev

Where's the fez?

Lovely work though Jim.