Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauul

Nice art, Filip.

And CrazyFoxMachine, I really like your Cliche Parade. I was trying to think who's art yours reminded me of and then I hit on it. The style definetly reminds me of Frank Quitely's art on 'All Star Superman' and 'Batman and Robin'.

It's really good. I look forward to seeing more.

Mardroid

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 06 September, 2010, 11:33:54 PM
That popped into my head when i was drawing it, but i thought if i don't mention it noboby would notice it.DDDDDUUUUUHHHHH! :lol:

You even got that facial expressions right with the smirk on the chap behind -Like "Do you remember when this happened?" - and Number Two's (oo-er) startled expression.

Heh, heh.

Proudhuff

A couple of pages of my scratchings found under the bed...

and...

DDT did a job on me

Emperor

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 September, 2010, 03:47:25 PM

Oh you have made a rod for your own back, because the pressure is now on to create more new work...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

Pauul - Frank Quitely?!?!?

You do me too much complimentynoise there sir, far too much.

Ryan Thomason

My word it's been a while, here you go:

Printed on canvas that may or may not have come from a cheap canvas wardrobe.

Pauul

There's definetly something in the style of your art. I think as you evolve as an artist we're going to see something really special.

Your 'cliche' cosmonaut and robot are definetly the best of the bunch. Maybe you could stand to improve your humans? The superhero is good but still doesn't look quite right. That said, your dwarf and elf are slightly better.

I do like the face pic of Dredd in your gallery.

Keep up the good work.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Emperor on 07 September, 2010, 05:46:40 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 September, 2010, 03:47:25 PM

Oh you have made a rod for your own back, because the pressure is now on to create more new work...

cheers Emp, but the talent on view here humbles me into sticking with the writing
DDT did a job on me

Hoagy

Hi. Just wanted to see how this Manga colouring reproduced on the web and this site.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Zarjazzer

looks good to me Krombasher! The reflection especially. All in all a very atmospheric piece.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Hoagy

Using pattern brush to ink my art comp entry is proving a bit of the reverse though. I've used pattern brush, in the same way as a self-made photoshop brush to ink and colour this. You're right, to me there are no problems, but I don't have a very good screen.

You see, the tones come through with pattern brush and it shows on my recent art comp attempt. I don't know what I'm doing different.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

chilipenguin

Here's my attempt to colour a rather *ahem* interesting take on Judge Anderson. The original belongs to R.Kinnaird and can be found on DA.

I deliberately didn't go over the top with regards to eye blistering colour.

By the way, colouring with a mouse is a massive pain in the ass. I'm thinking about getting a graphics tablet but I don't have a lot to spend (birthday coming up otherwise it would be nothing at all). Any suggestions in the £150 region?

Emperor

Yes, interesting indeed...

You might want a bit more shading on things like the pouches as the colour is a little too flat. I also prefer a more toned down blue.

On the graphics tablet see:
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27294.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

chilipenguin

Cheers for that link Emperor.

And yeah I'm having trouble with the colours looking flat. I don't seem able to pick out proper highlights and shadows. Still, practice makes perfect.

CrazyFoxMachine

Chil - the drawing itself gives ye a lot of hints on what to highlight on the suit - and I think you've highlighted the right things, you've just been far too subtle - as an experiment take it away and just give it hell - max up that burn tool - adjust that ol' contrast - you don't necessarily have to show us but do experiment with it

FYI - I got a graphics tablet for like, 40 quid that works just great ;)