Main Menu

Blitzspear Tail Stinger Thing

Started by Stan, 18 December, 2009, 07:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Does anyone know if this is used for anything? Is it a weapon? My memory's a little hazy and I don't feel like trawling through the first nine books to find out (not til I've finished Rogue anyway).

Danke

TordelBack

Now THIS is the kind of thread we need more of! 

I have no idea, but now I must know!  It may be mentioned in the Annual story Secret Life of the Blitzspear, which IIRC is Nemesis Casefiles 1.

Stan

Ha. That was the first place I thought of too. No dice unfortunately, and I only remember the nose thing being used as a weapon from the pilot story (Terrortubes?).

Colin YNWA

I always figured to was like one of those tram antenna that connect to the cable, but kinda wireless... am I being vague enough?

O Lucky Stevie!

Nice one Colin. Stevie had always assumed it was some sort of atrophied tail/aerodynamic stabilizer kind of thingy.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Richmond Clements

Good question!

I'd suggest that it's some kind of vestigial tail.

Someone should ask Pat. I would, but I'm scared.

Judge Fun

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Fun on 19 December, 2009, 11:43:19 AM
Maybe it's for making babies?  :-\

Actually thats a pretty good idea. Especially given its a Kevin O'Neil design.

Mikey

I'm with vestigial tail block. I don't recall it ever being specificaly refered to at all meself though.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

vzzbux

Maybe someone could try to contact Mr O'neil to get the answer.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mangamax

Wan't there a panel somewhere with it firing?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Richmond Clements

TordelBack

By analogy with the Warlock biology it superficially mimics, the 'stinger' is a vestigial external spine.

Steve Green

The ancestors have a tail in the 'Secret Life of the Blitzspear', so a vestigal tail sounds a good bet (or could be used as method of steering in flight), although some kind of reproductive organ is a good bet since the females don't have horns or a tail in the same story.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie wants to marry this thread.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"