Main Menu

A Good Jumping In Point?

Started by Stan, 23 August, 2012, 01:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Now that I'm consistently adding to my old trades I'd like to go further than dipping into the weekly mag every so often and start fresh. Do you think prog 1797 would be a decent start? I was kinda drawn to the cover since I find the historical character of Boudicca quite intriguing, and Day of Chaos seems to be over for the most part. Or should I go further and see if they have a few backcopies in the shop(s)? They usually do.

radiator

Wait a few weeks and jump on with prog 1800 and Meg 328 - you can always order some back issues afterwards.

Colin YNWA

Yeah 1800 seems to be the place, but if you do wish to go back you only really need to go to 1792 to get a pretty good hoppin' on point.

Stan

Thanks. I was in Worlds Apart earlier and think I saw a few issues from 1792 onwards. It might be worth limiting what I'd have to grab online.

I take it there's something starting in 1800 then?

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Stan on 23 August, 2012, 01:09:26 PM
.Or should I go further and see if they have a few backcopies in the shop(s)? They usually do.

Prog 1 is a good jumping on point 8-)

a chosen rider

Quote from: Stan on 23 August, 2012, 04:58:18 PMI take it there's something starting in 1800 then?

As per Tharg in this week's prog:

Quote from: Thargthe current run of stories are all heading for their respective climaxes in Prog 1799 to make way for a brand-new roster of Thrills to hit your diodes in Prog 1800: Judge Dredd by Chris Weston! ABC Warriors by Pat Mills and Clint Langley! Brass Sun by Ian Edginton and I.N.J. Culbard! Grey Area by Dan Abnett and Lee Carter! It's enough to send your circuits squiffy.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Stan

Nice! That's almost perfect timing for the film but I expect some will have to buy back issues. I'll definitely make the effort from 1800 onwards.

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 23 August, 2012, 09:44:10 PM
Quote from: Stan on 23 August, 2012, 01:09:26 PM
.Or should I go further and see if they have a few backcopies in the shop(s)? They usually do.

Prog 1 is a good jumping on point 8-)

Case Files are costing me enough.  :-[ Priorities.  ;)