Main Menu

Sudija Dred- Presuda je smrt!

Started by Stan, 05 October, 2012, 03:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Judge Dredd- Judgment is death!

This book has the original Death trilogy along with classic 'filler' stories like Oxygen Board* and Face-Change Crimes. A Serb friend sent me a couple of example pages after I got him semi-addicted to Dredd (Origins works).

PS: I hope this doesn't break ettiqette or something, being a double page scan. I mean it's in foreign so few can read it, but I'll understand if it's considered a bit much.

*Their version includes multiple F-bombs for some reason. Serbs, eh? Tsk..

Stan

Frank

Stan

I'm not a HUGE fan of his Dredd. He's a little too sinister for my tastes, but Death is great. If anything he might be creepier with the whole faux-Latin thing.

maryanddavid

Great Stuff Stan,
Id love to see an article in the Meg on the foreign language reprints of 2000ad stuff. There was a feature in one of the annuals years ago on it.

David

WhitBloke

That would be a great read, David.  My first introduction to Verdus was in French on a school trip over to buy prawns in a real French market.  At least, that's all I remember of three years of French at school.  Translating RoboHunter from the reprint French and buying prawns. 

Stan, even without an ounce of the necessary lingo skills in me, that YouTube is still fun.  Cheers for the link.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Stan

Thanks. He's a Dredd newb so he appreciates the crits. Though not my condemnation of Dredd apparently. He was going for a Dirty Harry but I can't expect him to get EVERYTHING great (which Judge Death was!).

Steve Green

I love that - Death sounds great.

Kept thinking of meerkats with the DJ that Death offs though... :)

Stan

The DJ is really weird but somehow works (I think!).

Here's a simple animation test for Red Christmas. He's probably going to need a couple of English voices if he does the whole thing.

DREDtest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcq8vGjVyeY

Stan

Thanks. I think he's going for a 60's vibe but a lot of his stuff ends up retro anyway. The aspect ratio also got a little screwed but I'm sure he can fix that if he does the whole thing.

Emp

Death sounds great and without wanting to stereotype or offend anyone, Dredd sounds how i always imagined Orlock.