Main Menu

Fine artist made a graphic novel by accident,

Started by holden77, 20 May, 2010, 04:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holden77

what the hell do I do with it?
I've been a fine artist for years exhibited/sold etc. knocked it on the head and moved to Japan for no good reason a few years ago.
Last year I thought I'd try writing and drawing a little comic, the little comic became a big old graphic novel.
I got so engrossed in the making of it that I didn't consider what on earth I would do with it, I'm not really a comic dude (I read 2000AD & Crisis back in the day and some Alan Moore stuff but thats abt it) I have no contacts and little knowledge of the industry.
Can any kind soul give me the faintest clue what to do next?

Wake

Hi,

Would you like to post a page or two from near the beginning of your graphic novel on the message board so we can know a bit more about it (genre, art style, etc).

Pehaps you should hook up with a small press publisher.

How many pages is it?

Cheers,

Wake

Emperor

There are a number of independent British comics publishers who would publish a graphic novel, as well as some of the big book publishers. You could always go through the small press or put it out yourself through someone like Lulu. However, as Wake says it'd be handy to know a little more and see a sample of the work.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Gloady

Agreed, if we have an idea of the style (both writing style AND art style), genre, and that then we might have a better idea for an outlet for it. 

Also an idea of the length might be handy too.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 20 May, 2010, 06:24:10 PM
Also an idea of the length might be handy too.

And girth. Don't forget about girth.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

I checked his profile details, and with a name like Tonto Pavarotti I think his bases are covered.