Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Congrats Mick. A stunning page indeed. To have two must really be summat else.

And I think we have all pondered exactly where the vast bulk of pages have ended up. Not a huge amount pops up online, mores the pity.

Jim_Campbell

I don't play the original art game, but I get a very occasional pang. That O'Neill Nemesis page is definitely one of them.

(See also: the very first Dave Gibbons page of Dr Who Weekly #1 which came on the market at a silly price not so long ago, and the whole of McMahon's Warrior's Dawn episode a few years back that I balked at the price of and have regretted ever since...)

Fantastic page. Congratulations.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 February, 2015, 11:52:09 AM
the whole of McMahon's Warrior's Dawn episode a few years back that I balked at the price of and have regretted ever since...

How much were they looking for Jim?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 February, 2015, 12:01:10 PM

I think they were about £1500 each which, with hindsight, seems pretty reasonable. No idea who got 'em but I haven't seen any of them since, and they don't appear in the online galleries of any of the usual (or not so usual) subjects as far as I can see...

Cheers

Jim

Link Prime

Cheers Jim.
Reasonable indeed, for the more serious collectors.

Still way out of my humble price range, which has yet to (and probable never will) break the 500 quid ceiling.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 February, 2015, 12:15:30 PM
Still way out of my humble price range, which has yet to (and probable never will) break the 500 quid ceiling.

It's more than I'd spend on original art (my limit normally being £0.00) but I'd hang this on the wall of any gallery in the land:

Cheers

Jim

ming

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 February, 2015, 12:24:11 PMIt's more than I'd spend on original art (my limit normally being £0.00) but I'd hang this on the wall of any gallery in the land:

...preferably one with very poor security so I could pop in and borrow it.

:)

Skullmo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 February, 2015, 12:08:54 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 06 February, 2015, 12:01:10 PM

I think they were about £1500 each which, with hindsight, seems pretty reasonable. No idea who got 'em but I haven't seen any of them since, and they don't appear in the online galleries of any of the usual (or not so usual) subjects as far as I can see...

Cheers

Jim

Missed those!! Where/when were they for sale?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

It was at least a couple of years ago. Can't remember exactly. I think they were on Artdroids (cue usual chorus of "overpriced"). As I say: they weren't there long and I haven't seen hide nor hair of 'em since. While I was umm-ing and ahh-ing over whether I could a) claim a page as a tax deductible expense and b) be confident that my wife wouldn't actually fucking kill me, the pages all sold. Quickly!

Cheers

Jim

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

Claiming an original Nemesis page as a legitimate business expense. Ay caramba!

simon

A while since I've been on here but the last few pages of Slaine: a Simple Killing are available to buy via my facebook page..link below....if interested in a purchase, message me via that page...pages are individually price and they're a bit of a bargain I'm told...

thanks all

Simon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simon-Davis-Comic-illustrator/334579703276735?ref=hl

Dunk!

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 February, 2015, 12:15:30 PM

That's a grail page for me, as any McMahon Slaine would be, but still my eyes slightly water at the price.

Got into preliminary discussions for that superb Nemesis page with Dale to, a few moons ago when I was rich/willing to trade and full of dreams.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: simon on 09 February, 2015, 08:49:36 AM
pages are individually price and they're a bit of a bargain I'm told...

I'll say.

Cheers

Jim

hippynumber1

Quote from: simon on 09 February, 2015, 08:49:36 AM
A while since I've been on here but the last few pages of Slaine: a Simple Killing are available to buy via my facebook page..link below....if interested in a purchase, message me via that page...pages are individually price and they're a bit of a bargain I'm told...

thanks all

Simon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simon-Davis-Comic-illustrator/334579703276735?ref=hl

I've had 2 pages from Simon previously (a cover and a spread) and they are luscious! I'd recommend everybody buy one!