Main Menu

The Original Hell-Trek to Hi-Ex! (2012)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 19 April, 2011, 08:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dandontdare

Quote from: Buttonman on 20 April, 2011, 10:26:03 PM
I was only on for the last two hours and had to witness the CF driving on my lonesome as everyone else had nodded off - it was only 4am!

I opened my eyes a few times during that last Highland stretch but but decided that if I was going to die, I'd prefer to be sleeping rather than gripping my seat and screaming in terror.

bluemeanie

Looking like me and Iz are a definate for this, but being in Cardiff the Hell Treck option isnt really an... um... option

Sure we'll sort something though, and by that I mean Iz will sort something and hold my hand

COMMANDO FORCES

Just had a look on the hire firms website and they do a 12 seater, which looks fast. I shall pop into their place soon and check it out, just in case!
The drive up is no problem as we don't have to rush, it's the return, as I have to get the vehicle back before I get shafted for another days hire!

CrazyFoxMachine

Richmond - Noted

Jimbo - Plane? I don't think they're that expensive. EasyJet, for example - are offering a return flight next month for twenty pounds. Christ!

I'm going to do all my travelling by plane from now on. RACE YOU TO BARCELONA!

James Stacey

Quote from: bluemeanie on 20 April, 2011, 11:26:58 PM
Looking like me and Iz are a definate for this, but being in Cardiff the Hell Treck option isnt really an... um... option

Sure we'll sort something though, and by that I mean Iz will sort something and hold my hand

We could start a western hell trek  ?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 April, 2011, 08:34:14 AM
Jimbo - Plane? I don't think they're that expensive. EasyJet, for example - are offering a return flight next month for twenty pounds. Christ!

Sounds groovy - definately worth looking into. I could slog it up to Glastonbury first or you could come down to Southampton, which at least has an airport - there should be at least one plane heading highland-wards.
@jamesfeistdraws

Judge Palmer

Looking forward to this since I missed the previous Hell-Trek, be good to meet fellow boarders too  :)
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

CrazyFoxMachine

Southampton aren't listed on Easyjet :O Bristol looks like the key!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 April, 2011, 12:27:42 AM
Just had a look on the hire firms website and they do a 12 seater, which looks fast. I shall pop into their place soon and check it out, just in case!
The drive up is no problem as we don't have to rush, it's the return, as I have to get the vehicle back before I get shafted for another days hire!

We did talk last time about spending an extra day or two in Inverness as there wasnt really any time time to explore Inverness last time as it was a big rush to get back but an extra day or two would mean more expense and time off work or whatever which may not suit everyone but personally i would be into it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 April, 2011, 06:57:15 PM
Southampton aren't listed on Easyjet :O Bristol looks like the key!

Bristol's fine. I can be there in 2 hours flat!
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

I think you would have to chat to people with reference to any extra days Peter. It would bump up the costs, as you say and many people may find that a bit of a killer.

I have popped into the hire firm that we used last time, which is here and I was quoted the following, at todays prices.

A 12 Seater £345 with CDW
A 9 Seater £300 with CDW

The 12 seater has bugger all storage space, so a few seats would be wasted but the 9 seater has that large compartment at the rear, which was perfect.

Just doing a quick calculation on a map site at £1:50 a mile the route would cost about £320 return. So let's just say £400 at a push, add the £300 for the vehicle and that comes to £700. Divide that by 9 and you get just under £80.

The Monarch

well since I was forgotten about (I did say I was in last year before it got cancelled) I am happy to go via train with my fellow lettersmith if he is still willing to go

Large48

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 April, 2011, 08:19:53 PM
I think you would have to chat to people with reference to any extra days Peter. It would bump up the costs, as you say and many people may find that a bit of a killer.

I have popped into the hire firm that we used last time, which is here and I was quoted the following, at todays prices.

A 12 Seater £345 with CDW
A 9 Seater £300 with CDW

The 12 seater has bugger all storage space, so a few seats would be wasted but the 9 seater has that large compartment at the rear, which was perfect.

Just doing a quick calculation on a map site at £1:50 a mile the route would cost about £320 return. So let's just say £400 at a push, add the £300 for the vehicle and that comes to £700. Divide that by 9 and you get just under £80.

Wouldn't it be better to get the twelve seater anyway (more room?) and extra fiver each for more space may be worth it, even going up to 10and reducing the cost down each would still leave room.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Tiplodocus

This is definitely planning ahead.

I'll almost certainly be heading up and almost certainly be taking the train.  If I recall it was only about £20 return from Glasgow.  I think I got the first one up on the Saturday morning and just about the last one back on the Saturday night (which sadly went via Aberdeen so took an age).

But yeah, happy to meet up with more Jock based boarders for train based shenanigii.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!