Main Menu

Halo 2 vids

Started by Pyroxian, 12 May, 2004, 07:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

OK, the Playstation and Nintendo are getting coverage in this forum, so lets even the field.

Halo 2 multiplayer videos can be found at the link below.

Please note, I am not responsible for the state of your trousers after viewing these.

Steve

Link: http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=42155" target="_blank">Halo 2 vids

Pyroxian

(which James posted up earlier and I forgot - sorry James)

Steve

Mr C

Damn it, after the Zelda vid, that's two perfectly good pairs of trews ruined!

Pyroxian

I know - there's a more hi-res video at Gamespy.com (which is 353 mb). They also reveal the street-date, which will be November 9th (Aargh, too far away!)

Also watched a Doom 3 trailer, which looks... atmospheric...

Steve

WoD

The Halo thing was nice looking, but I hope they improve on the multi-player game content, as the current on-line game on Halo is boring.

Pyroxian

There's a lot more in it now, new weapons, improved old weapons, better vehicles. Oh, and you can play as Covenant Elites in MP.

I dunno how much they've improved it in terms of the different type of game. The video shows that the maps are more interactive and the CTF level they show seems more like Unreal Tournaments Assault mode (lots of destructable terrain, switches to open up vehicle bay doors and access secret areas)

I thought Halo Multi-player was pretty good though, although I've only played X-Box multiplayer and not the PC Multiplayer (which I assume you've played as you mention on-line).

Multiplayer on the X-box is a different thing though when you've got 8 of you squashed into the same room all shouting abuse at each other...

Steve

WoD

Pryo - Yeah, I've only played on-line (no Xbox for me) and it doesn't compare to some of the mods I've played.  It doesn't seem well balanced enough, but that's my opinion.  Nothing can beat being in the room with the people you're playing against though.  Years ago (we may have been playing doom2 so that dates it for you) a mate managed to get us into his works where they had 5 PCs linked together and they played this sort of thing after work, and it is the best way to play.

I like the team fortress (Q3F) or Urban Terror type mods myself.

Pyroxian

>where they had 5 PCs linked together

Yeah, when I was a student we had our whole house networked (4 PCs) and played much Command & Conquer / Doom / Quake. Even better was when we got friends to come over and bring their PCs so we could have 8+ player games...

I hope there's some more team-based games in Halo 2 (Something like Battlefield 1942 mode where you have to capture and hold objectives) as I prefer team games to every-man-for-himself games, which is why I'm playing lots of Savage at the moment.

Steve

WoD

Pyroxian

Savage is a online multiplayer FPS, with one person playing the commander, and playing the game like Command & Conquer - constructing new buildings, which enables the players access to better weapons etc. Players can also help construct buildings, mine for resources, repair etc.

The commander can also issue orders to the players on his team, so he can co-ordinate attacks and build forward spawn points, so it ends up being a more tactical game than most FPS's.

The demo's downloadable from their web-page and contains two maps and the entire human faction to play with.

Steve

Link: http://www.s2games.com/savage/" target="_blank">Savage

WoD

Steve,
I'll have a look when I get chance.
WoD

Devons Daddy

i have seen this.HALO 2 trailer.
and just know i made the right decsion when i purchased an XBOX.

halo was outstanding. this looks like its about to set the standard all over again.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Noisybast

It does look pretty sweet, doesn't it? Almost tempted to buy an XBox...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pyroxian

>Almost tempted to buy an XBox...

It's a nice console (despite the Microsoft branding...) - although I'd wait a while, the prices are looking like they're going to come down (they've been reduced in the US)

Steve

test 4 echo

I loved halo on xbox, havent played the pc version yet as have only recently upgraded to current game specs. is it worth getting, or would anyone care to recommend an mutiplayer FPS on pc? havent done much online since Q3 and UT. looking for deathmatch stuff rather than team based. always liked the lone sniper type role, instagib style mod.