Main Menu

Origins - when does it start?

Started by Steve Green, 29 March, 2006, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

I think I'd rather have what we might be getting, ie the origins of the Judge system miles more than 'Dredd's academy days'.

Devons Daddy

so we can look forward to the class of 79 at some point in the future. such a rich vien of dredd yet untapped.

origns,could well be one of the greats.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Funt Solo

Oh frabjous day!

History of the Judges - that sounds like it's got a more epic feel to it than Class of '79 - which (I expect) would be more of a The Pit (but with cadets).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bad Andy

How is this going to work? If it is the history of the judge system, then stoney face won't be in it. But will it be taking up Dredd's berth in the Prog or will it be one of the other four?

Or WILL Dredd be in it, investigating the past as part of some case and revealing some new and surprising truth (think the excellent Cal Files story)?

DavidXBrunt

I think it's Dredd investigating something to do with the Fargo bloodline.

I, Cosh

My theory was Dredd investigating the history of the judges/atomic wars and uncovering a series of lies and cover ups which basically allow Wagner to rewrite and rationalise the early Dredd history/continuity.

I imagine Wagner would probably come up with something a bit cleverer than me though.
We never really die.

judgerussell

i really hope he 'discovers' something about his blood-line, like a really dark secret about 'the great Fargo' that actually shows that he was'nt very great at all, and that he was actually a bit of a toser, hence the reason all the other blood-line have turned out to be evil, exept dredd and the new rico(who will either eventually turn evil, or take over from dredd when he dies or turns evil)

IndigoPrime

I thought with Rico, it was the fact that he was bathed in rads for ages that sent him over the edge. As for Kraken, Dredd himself said he may well have succumbed in a similar manner had he been in the city.

Dudley

"Stomm!  I appear to have been born five years earlier than everybody thought!  I used to wonder about that!"

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Woolly

I reckon 'Your Bleeding Heart' has added a big plot thread as far as clones are concerned.

How old was Fargo when he popped it?

radiator

I'm guessing that the one thing that's likely is we will actually get to meet Fargo. He's such an important character in dredd continuity, and yet he has only ever, in thirty years worth of dredd, featured in a cameo role. Personally, i think that Fargo will likely be the main character in 'Origins', as when you think about it, he IS Dredd, so Dredd WILL be in it, just not as you'd expect.
So, Fargo - Why was he so great? what exactly did he do? How and in what circumstances did he die?
Remember that going by very early dredd material as a continuity guide will only get you so far. I think it's very likely that Wagner will end up rewriting much of dredd history, to reflect the strip's (now) more mature sensibilities, as he has, to a certain extent with Cal, Apocalypse War etc.
Sorry if i've lost anyone there, was rambling.

Funt Solo

And let's not forget Oz, which has the flashback scenes to early Justice Department, where Morton Judd and his cronies [S P O I L E R S] have decided that the best way to control the populace is to clone well-behaved people (IIRC).

That's got (Hamish) Fargo in it, hasn't it?  What's that?  You didn't know that Fargo was Scottish?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Buttonman

"So, Fargo...in what circumstances did he die?"

He took the long walk before being killed by Mean Machine Angel. Or was that just a bad dream...?!

Thursday