Main Menu

Origins - when does it start?

Started by Steve Green, 29 March, 2006, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

button - I told you, keep taking the meds!  We need to suppress those memories!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

Judge Raider was in '79. (progs 810-14)

I expect Origins will either start in prog 1500 or prog 2007, since such a major story is bound to start on one of those promotional-type progs. (I really don't want to wait until december though.)

W. R. Logan

>I imagine Wagner would probably come up with something a bit cleverer than me though.

He has 8-)

W. R. Logan

>Logan, didn't you help John Wagner on Origins by doing Dredd history research for him

Help on Origins may be taking it a bit far, I did some historty research for John around 3 years but halfway through it was put on hold as John thought it was require a large story that he didn't feel he wanted to write at the time. We've spoken about it from time to time, recently I completed the research and John decided the time was right. It really deserves the 'epic' description and if Carlos' visuals match the scripts I've read it will be a great way of leading in to 2000AD's 30th year.

Funt Solo

::"Judda? Who they?"

A splinter group of the early Justice Department that left the city with stolen genetic material (including the Fargo bloodline) to create an army of Judda (named after their leader, Morton Judd).

Years later, they teleported into MC-1 from their secret base under Ayers Rock and attempted a coup.

It might have succeeded, if Dredd hadn't infiltrated their base and then nuked them.

Possibly the sole survivor was Kraken - but that's another story.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Buttonman

"He took the long walk before being killed by Mean Machine Angel. Or was that just a bad dream...?!"

It should be remembered that events in the Dredd film cannot be considered cannon.

They can however be blamed on Danny Cannon.

Did you see...oh never mind.

The Adventurer

I have a slightly off topic question. What is the purposs of the "Long Walk"? Why do Judges take it instead of just retire?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

John Caliber

The Long Walk is far more exciting a concept than ending one's days playing bingo in an eld-shelter.

- JC
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

W. R. Logan

too dangerous to be allowed to stay in the city. As Judge Minty said...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/Minty01.jpg>

When a Judge's useful life was finished, he could choose to take the
Long Walk into Mutieland -
There to take Law To The Lawless -
Until Death.

Judge Minty - Prog 147 http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/Prager01.jpg">

ukdane

So is it an epic with reprocussions in the Dredd-verse?

Or just an epic-length tale?
Cheers

-Daney

The Enigmatic Dr X

Whatever happened to Prager? Was he werewolved?

And,ahh, the days of Dillon doing Dredd! Top stuff!
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Yes, he got werewolved!

But he was able to control it and refused the offer of a cure. He's still down in the undercity, bringing law to the lawless. Maybe eating the odd one for variety.
We never really die.