Main Menu

This Werewolf tale

Started by Mangamax, 17 October, 2002, 07:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

++ The Daily Star Dredd's were often great ++

Sweet Baby Jesus in a Blender! I can't believe I perpetrated that misplaced apostrophe in "Dredd's" ...

Somebody shoot me now.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

APESOD

++Forget the title but its got Dredd hanging from a horizontal flagpost and, cause he's passing out through lack of blood and will plummet to his death, stabs himself through the hand into the post to hold him in place.
Now that's DOUBLE hard.++

Ahhh that would be Raptaur I think. Great scene Great story. One Image that stands out for me was one from a poster prog I think it was, painted by Bisley. Dredd spies a perp Jay walking so he pulls out his gun and blows the poor sods leg off at the knee.

Trout

No, mate, that moment, "Jaywalking perp scum!" comes from the Carl Critchlow pisstake of Dredd in Thrudd The Barbarian.

It's actually on this site, if you click a hidden link somewhere to the north of here...

As for my favourite panel, it's hard to choose and would probably change depending on what I've just been reading.
But for now I'm going for the panel:

ALL HAIL DEPUTY CHIEF JUDGE FISH!

Ya bas

- Trout

APESOD

Nah it wasn't that thrudd strip, for one thing it was in colour and I hadn't seen the pisstake until recently, the one I'm thinking of I saw years ago.

Leigh S

Most likely its one of the Heavy Metal Dredds?

damnandblast

I recall a very, very early Dredd story - possibly one of the original sample strips that never saw print - in which someone steps out of a crowd to cheer Dredd only to be arrested for jaywalking. I don't remember him getting shot though... I think it's mentioned in the Mega-History. It's also got 'ordinary' cops, as if the Judges were an elite part of a general police force. Was this mentioned in Bishop's series? I'll have to check.

Nigel

Woolly

Okay, its from 'Inferno'and I think it goes a bit like this....
Dredd is banished from MC1, has contracted the meat virus and needs to get back into the city, which has been overrun by Grice's band of Titan escapees. When asked what his plan is, he replies, daystick aloft,"I GOT IT RIGHT HERE!"

I think it needs a Megazine Reprint........

Wood

I got my plan right here.

I also thought that that was a cool panel... but I suspect that we're in a minority of two...

Devons Daddy

no it was a pretty damn great piece that one.,summed it all up. if all fails , hit um hard with a big stick, the darker side of dredd.in a single picture.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

W. R. Logan

>I recall a very, very early Dredd story - possibly one of the original sample strips that never saw print - in which someone steps out of a crowd to cheer Dredd only to be arrested for jaywalking.
>I don't remember him getting shot though...

Bank Raid: The story drawn by Carlos and never used, its the reason for Carlos taking the long walk for 5 years.

And the jaywalker was shot.

Bank Raid:
Judge Dredd Annual 1981
Script: John Wagner and Pat Mills
Artist: Carlos Ezquerra
The first publication of the first Dredd adventure. (although heavily edited)

Reprinted
Titan: Judge Dredd Chronicles Book 4: If I remember correctly it appears in full in this Titan edition.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/dredd4.jpg">

Oddboy

One Image that stands out for me was one from a poster prog I think it was, painted by Bisley. Dredd spies a perp Jay walking so he pulls out his gun and blows the poor sods leg off at the knee.

That'd be from Colin MacNeil's "The Man Who Killed Judge Dredd" from http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=prog&page=megprofiles&choice=1.18" target="_blank">Meg 1.18 I believe.

Well Hard is trying to pick a fight with Dredd

Dredd: Get off the road!
Well Hard: Make me!
Dredd: Bike Cannon!

Better set your phaser to stun.

2000AD Online

its not a cliffhanger but an ending the final panel of chopper song of the surfer.

there is one problem though garth bloddy ennis brought him back!!!