Main Menu

Prog 2357: Chem Trails

Started by IndigoPrime, 06 November, 2023, 01:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Quote from: broodblik on 08 November, 2023, 11:19:04 AMI see that Rob is taking us from space to MC1 and now deep into the Cursed Earth

Sort of the reverse of The Judge Child epic, which went Cursed Earth to Mega City to deep space. I'm really liking it - great touches this week with the Alchemist's amusing amnesia and PJ's cute little dinos. Helium's really enchanting me in a way Scarlet Traces, good as it was, never completely did. The Devil's Railroad remains good, very readable. Deadworld may have a plot metaphorically similar to a coagulated, many-headed, writhing corpse monster but it's still a great few pages to get lost in. And Feral & Foe continues to be a blindingly well told old-school thrill.

dan200

What stories has the character revealed at the end of Dredd been in before? I didn't recognize the name and it's proving ungoogleable!

Barrington Boots

I think its someone we haven't seen before, but I am ready to be corrected.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

This was me pondering after Ladykiller...

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 24 March, 2020, 11:25:39 PM[spoiler]It seems as if this is the very final chapter for Maybe as he ends up a gooey stain in an explosive finale, but it's testament to his character that I suspect he's somehow gotten out of it. Of course: there's always the character he hypnotized into believing he was also Maybe (at the end of Serial Serial) to carry on the intermittent saga in some fashion.[/spoiler]

Of course, the narrative of Poison is deliberately being cagey about which direction this is going, with that repeated question of why Hershey didn't investigate herself.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 11 November, 2023, 02:49:20 AMOf course, the narrative of Poison is deliberately being cagey about which direction this is going, with that repeated question of why Hershey didn't investigate herself.

...and that is why Poison for me is one off the best Dredd stories in recent memories
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Blue Cactus

I reckon it's actually pizen and all part of a decades-long scheme by that criminal mastermind Fink Angel.

Woolly

Quote from: dan200 on 09 November, 2023, 06:14:05 PMWhat stories has the character revealed at the end of Dredd been in before? I didn't recognize the name and it's proving ungoogleable!

All we can deduce so far is that they're an ex Titan convict, and therefore probably an ex-judge.
Any chance it could be Sinfield?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Woolly on 11 November, 2023, 12:57:51 PMAny chance it could be Sinfield?

I don't think so - he was heading for a "Justice Department cube" at the end of Get Sin (prog 2003).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 08 November, 2023, 09:24:43 AMDeadworld ...but I think we're now down to three strands (Death, Eastwood and the Sovs, Jess & Fairfax)

The fourth strand might be the survivors from Transpolar, who were planning to nuke Justice Department when we last saw them (in prog 2230).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

Good one. I'd forgotten about those guys - they were very much secondary to the cool dark judges in that story!

The lack of focus I think has detracted from Deadworld of late, so I wouldn't be unhappy if that is a thread that isn't picked back up in detail in the main strip (in one of the Tales of.. shorts it'd be fine)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Bad City Blue

Pretty solid issue. Feral & Foe continues to be a highlight, with a strong script and amazing art. I have got quite invested in The Devil's Railroad, too.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there