Main Menu

Ridley Scott promises 'tough' Alien prequel

Started by Toke_Stanley, 28 April, 2010, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Quote from: Garageman on 28 April, 2010, 11:08:02 PM
Quote from: Toke_Stanley on 28 April, 2010, 10:20:13 AM

Director Sir Ridley Scott has revealed that his 3D Alien prequel will be "really nasty" and will respond to the standard set by James Cameron's Avatar.

...so he's bringing the standard set by Alien down to that of  Avatar, sounds great.

I'm assuming he means technologically.
At least I frikkin' hope he does!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Peter Wolf

Taken from the BBC's website 28th April 2010

Director Sir Ridley Scott has revealed that his 3D Alien prequel will be "really nasty" and will respond to the standard set by James Cameron's Avatar.

I really hope that this doesnt mean a 3D Alien film because that is just bandwagon jumping and if thats the case then thats not a plus in my opinion as its just another gimmick.

Is it really necessary for film directors to make films purely on the basis of my film is more tecnologically advanced and nastier and better than your film ??

Its like some kid who gets a new XBOX and another kid gets the top of the range XBOX which is bigger and better and does more than your XBOX does or my car is better and faster than yours etc etc.

Just make the film and forget about James bloody Cameron.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Maybe he'll film this like he did the first film with all the old schoool speical effects, using that earliest alien costume and the same puppetry, the same camera tricks witht speical lighting and smoke, but withthe exception of the lack of a human element , our perspective.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dweezil2 on 28 April, 2010, 11:21:27 PM
Quote from: Garageman on 28 April, 2010, 11:08:02 PM

Hmm, didn't Weta basically do all this with LOTR except not in 3D, not make as much fuss and bore us as Cameron did.

...so he's bringing the standard set by Alien down to that of  Avatar, sounds great.

I'm assuming he means technologically.
At least I frikkin' hope he does!

Roger Godpleton

So long as people get to cum they will be happy.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I forgot about that standard set by James Cameron's Avatar, maybe I'm wrong then. Pity, I wouldn't mind a return  to the original style.

radiator

Can't see these films being any good, to be honest - for a director of his stature, Scott has made startlingly few decent films in his career and this seems like a blatant attempt to recapture past glories.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I got bored I made a little poster up of the film.
Hmm should this be in creative or uncreative common ? :)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

ThryllSeekyr

I like that and with the horseshoe-shaped ship reflected in the visor.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Thanks I was bored saw a few over movie posters and thought id create one without an egg or an alien on it :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Keef Monkey

Quote from: JudgeGumpty on 05 June, 2010, 02:30:57 AM
Thanks I was bored saw a few over movie posters and thought id create one without an egg or an alien on it :)

Nice work, I skimmed over the page and thought it was the real thing for a moment!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Adrian Bamforth

Though I'm not assuming anything about how he will make the aliens in the new film, it makes me think: Has CGI ever actually worked in horror?

M.I.K.

There's no reason why it shouldn't, it just needs to be used subtlely. The problem with CGI is that film-makers like to show it off.

In the case of gore, there's usually always been that tendency, but in terms of atmosphere and actual scariness, keeping things in the shadows always works better and adds to the creep factor. It used to also have the benefit in hiding the flaws in the effects and costumes. You never needed to worry about seeing the zip running up the monster's back. That worry doesn't exist with computer graphics and so the monsters are put right in the limelight and all the mystery and bogeyman-hiding-in-the-cupboardness goes out of the thing.