Main Menu

Alan Grants Anarky reprinted.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 01 June, 2006, 04:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Meant to post this a while go but the first appearance of Alan Grants D.C. anti-hero Anarky is reprinted in the current issue of Batman Legends. Reprint is first class but as the rest of the issue contains the latter stages of a big cross over for anyone not following it you'd be paying ?2.40 just for that story I expect. Still, worth a look.

Anarky in Gotham, from Detective Comics 608 (bach when a D.C. title would set you back 50p and they were available in newsagents) has art from the ever devisive but ever individual Norm Breyfogle and is worth picking up if you've not read it.

An attempt to introduce a shade of grey to the D.C.U.
I believe Alan intended Anarky to be a new foe for Batman but eventually for him to become the new Robin. That didn't happen but what was created was a great character in his own right.

It's on sale for another week and his second appearace is reprinted in the next issue.

Floyd-the-k

scutfink

IIRC the Anarky Miniseries was collected as a TPB, but the short lived ongoing title is only available as individual issues, check the 50p bins...

DavidXBrunt

Yep, there is a collection but as said it contains the later, limited, solo series. The earliest appearances and his later ones aren't collected but neither are they hard to get hold of. Rmours of a D.C.Showcase presents volume are interesting though.

Rex Banner

I had this Anarky tpb & it contained the Detective Comic stories & the mini series. Still got the original Detective Comics in storage somewhere.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BATMAN-ANARKY-Graphic-Novel-Classic-Title_W0QQitemZ6634111742QQcategoryZ3954QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Anarky in the UK