Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 October, 2022, 01:05:28 PM
oh god we are getting two idw things shoved into the meg from now on aren't we? :(

Looks like it but The Year One stuff is not too bad it at least has art from Simon Coleby
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

Are the two IDW stories just reprints from before? I have them both in collected form and remember from reading a long time ago that 'Year One' was pretty good and 'Mega-City 2' not so great.

Dash Decent

Quote from: sheridan on 21 October, 2022, 07:48:56 PM
I don't know if it's intentional, but it's the very first thing I immediately thought of!

Yes, seeing the thumb my first thought was she should be carrying a towel.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 October, 2022, 01:05:28 PM
oh god we are getting two idw things shoved into the meg from now on aren't we? :(
Quite possibly, if the rights have reverted or they're cheap. I hope it won't be everything. Year One is good, but I recall MC-2 was incomprehensible.

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: broodblik on 22 October, 2022, 02:01:24 PM
at least has art from Simon Coleby

We should've put that on the cover of the trade paperback collection.

nxylas

I haven't read the IDW stuff before, so I don't mind it being added as bonus content. Even if I don't like it, complaining about it would be like complaining about a DVD extra.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Max Headroom

Have just pre-ordered the slipcase edition of 'Halo Jones' (released in January). At £50 plus postage it is not cheap, but I think it is a worthwhile investment for one of 2000ad's most celebrated epics. I welcome more stories in this deluxe format.

JohnW

Fifty quid?
Ouch.
Heat or eat or Halo Jones?
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

oshii

Quote from: Max Headroom on 26 October, 2022, 08:40:36 PM
Have just pre-ordered the slipcase edition of 'Halo Jones' (released in January). At £50 plus postage it is not cheap, but I think it is a worthwhile investment for one of 2000ad's most celebrated epics. I welcome more stories in this

oshii

Sorry, buggered up the post above.

Was saying that much as I love a nice deluxe hardback, yet another Halo Jones collection -especially at a price point as high as fifty quid - isn't going to be for me.

broodblik

From Kenneth Niemand's twitter:

Finally starting work on the third and final part of the Penitent Man/Honest Man Dredd storyline.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

nxylas

Quote from: broodblik on 01 November, 2022, 10:47:33 AM
From Kenneth Niemand's twitter:

Finally starting work on the third and final part of the Penitent Man/Honest Man Dredd storyline.
Should we open a sweepstake on what adjective the Man is going to be this time?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

IndigoPrime

Max Headroom

Has it been confirmed that 'Tomb of Terror' will definitely not be included in the 'Complete Dice Man'? It would be great if it could be.