Main Menu

Fractal Friction

Started by mygrimmbrother, 01 December, 2009, 08:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Quote from: KevLev on 08 December, 2009, 10:34:49 AM
Being alternative doesn't mean you have to smell alternative too.

Quite.  I'll steal that one.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 08 December, 2009, 10:26:10 AM
Depends what he means by 'regular'... once a month is 'regular', after all...

Indeed. Back in the bad old days when I used to live in a shared house, I often had to explain the distinction between bathing regularly and frequently.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Gibson Quarter

Very nice work so far lads...

I somehow missed this thread until now. Good Bless facebook pimping, or I might still be in the dark.  ;)

whoever is ring leader (Emp-I'm talking to you!) please LMk if you'd like me to work a suitably weird page somewhere down the line...

Cheers,
GQ 

Emperor

Quote from: Gibson Quarter on 08 December, 2009, 05:39:32 PMwhoever is ring leader (Emp-I'm talking to you!) please LMk if you'd like me to work a suitably weird page somewhere down the line...

Welllll there is no ring leader per se (I'll post something about what is going on and what the plan is), mgb has done a lot of the legwork rounding people up but it is humming along now as a communal effort. So yes, there are "guest slots" (which sounds more organised than it probably will turn out to be) and when things are humming along we'll get them rolling too. I presume I'm speaking for everyone when I say we'd be chuffed to bits to get you in - someone will drop you a line soon. :D

Great to here the Facebook pimping is paying off already!! Got a link to it?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 02 December, 2009, 03:19:19 PMIf you follow the blog you can get notifications when it updates and I'm sure someone will bump the thread.

We are now on Twitter - don't expect it to be overly active (at least in the early days) but you can follow that and it will automatically update when a new page is up (it just posted the last one so it works):

http://twitter.com/fractalfriction/

Thanks to Rich for passing the word around already :)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

locustsofdeath!

Emp, I know you've easily got the writing chores handled (I sometimes wonder if you're human or a living word processor), but if you need someone to handle scripting down the line, I'd be more than happy - and a bit honored - to chip in!

mygrimmbrother

Nice one, Locusts! I'm sure there'll be an opportunity for you to jump on board at some point.

GQ - you were SO on our wishlist!

The facebook pimping - i forgot to tell the rest of you, I haven't set up an official page or group yet, just been pimping it through my illustrator page. I might still do a standalone page for it though i reckon.

Hoagy

Brilliant.

I now finally get what is going on. And it thrills guys...it THRILLS.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 December, 2009, 01:33:17 PM
It's very good, this.

I have to confess that I'm deliberately only reading each page as I letter it and I haven't peeked ahead in the script, so I'm utterly intrigued as to where this is going and how it'll all play out. Keep up the good work, chaps!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Gibson Quarter

Emp asked "Great to here the Facebook pimping is paying off already!! Got a link to it?"

No link to it, but if I recall it was a status update by Jim with a link to the blog that caught my eye...

Emperor

OK I have added a bit of an explanation but whether it enlightens or confuses is up in the air (as is whether I intended it to enlighten or confuse):

http://fractalfriction.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-all-this-then.html

As we are still thrashing out ideas and trying to get into the groove it is more a look at how things stand at the moment, how it came about and where it might be heading.

The Legendary Shark

Very good. I'm liking the idea and the work so far, well done!

Like Locusts, I'd be itching to lend a script if ever you need one.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Cheers, it is still early days but there are a lot of possibilities and so we'll keep a track of everyone's offers and will drop people a line when/if opportunities arise (and my gut tells me they will arise, its just not telling me how, when, why or where but it is only a gut so I was expecting much from it).

Emperor

Now on Facebook too for all the whipper-snappers who like being social and networking (and posting pictures of themselves pissed at parties I believe):

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=230919455902