Main Menu

My social life problem can anyone help

Started by Cyberleader2000, 14 January, 2011, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

DrRocka

Sorry for derailing the thread further, but the other day my daughter (who's 4) discovered the Best Of Bootsy CD on the shelf and was utterly baffled as to why it showed a picture of a boy. It took me an hour to convince her she was still a girl.

Django = awesome.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Greg M.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 14 January, 2011, 10:02:08 PM
Do you know any other Djangos? ;)

Might've been Django Rheinhardt. But knowing you, I thought Italian exploitation cinema was a safer bet.  :) If I had a kid, I'm sure I would float the idea of calling him Warbeck...

Emperor

Quote from: Greg M. on 14 January, 2011, 08:39:45 PM
Ask her if she wants to go for a drink after work some day (assuming you drink?) If she likes you, I'm sure she'll find the time. Don't need to call it a date, just call it a couple of folk who get on having a drink and a chat, maybe it'll lead to something more, maybe not, if not, so be it. What's the worst that can happen?  If she doesn't fancy it, well, you're going for an apprenticeship anyway, you'll meet new folk through that.

A slight refinement might be suggesting a few people are going out for drinks but trail the hook that it could always be slimmed down to 2 people. It might be having a few people around might make it less awkward and, if things go well, the two of you could split off - I'd imagine if the two of you are getting on like a house on fire the others might make their excuses and you'd transition nicely into it being the two of you having a drink. Just don't use the presence of the other people to dodge talking to her out of awkwardness - they are there as you wingmen ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Greg M.

Quote from: Emperor on 14 January, 2011, 10:12:29 PM
A slight refinement might be suggesting a few people are going out for drinks but trail the hook that it could always be slimmed down to 2 people. It might be having a few people around might make it less awkward and, if things go well, the two of you could split off - I'd imagine if the two of you are getting on like a house on fire the others might make their excuses and you'd transition nicely into it being the two of you having a drink. Just don't use the presence of the other people to dodge talking to her out of awkwardness - they are there as you wingmen ;)

Aye, that is a very fair point... takes the pressure off a bit to start with and makes it less potentially intimidating for her.

Emp

Emperor - the Claire Rayner of the forum :D

DrRocka

I disagree, Emperor. I reckon asking her out just as the two of you shows you're much more interested in getting to talk to her and know her (I gather women appreciate it somehow when you show a direct interest in what they think, bless 'em), so I think inviting her out as part of a group is pretty intimidating.
I'd just ask her if she fancied meeting you after work for a couple of drinks and a spot of grub - somewhere quiet ish where you could both have a good conversation, and see where that leads.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Nap Normal

How old is the lady who is groom taking an interest in you Cyberleader?

Bw
Nap
Falling in love makes you fat.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Nap Normal on 14 January, 2011, 10:21:37 PM
How old is the lady who is groom taking an interest in you Cyberleader?

Bw
Nap

well I'm 21 and she is 22 so does that arncer your qustion and not to thro a spaner in the works and she know this but I dont do the whole going out and drinking thing as the only alchoul I drink is wine with sunday rost and cofey and tea tast grose also the ider of going out drinking never apailed to me but I was planing on seeing a cople of movies next weak would inviting her along to come with be a good or bad ider as this is one of the fue social things I do with friends
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Emperor

Quote from: DrRocka on 14 January, 2011, 10:20:21 PM
I disagree, Emperor.

I should have added the caveat that I'm appalling at this kind of thing ;)

However, if it is just the people from the charity shop it shouldn't be a big deal and I'd assume most of the folks there are elderly so would slope off pretty quickly ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Daveycandlish

The problem with going to the cinema together is, if you don't have a drink and a chat first (be it alcohol or coffee) you are basically sitting in the dark for two hours with a stranger...
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Emperor

Quote from: Greg M. on 14 January, 2011, 10:15:03 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 14 January, 2011, 10:12:29 PM

Aye, that is a very fair point... takes the pressure off a bit to start with and makes it less potentially intimidating for her.

To be honest I thought it might be less intimidating for him ;)

Emp

but the film does give something to talk about later.

Greg M.

Quote from: Emperor on 14 January, 2011, 10:34:09 PM
To be honest I thought it might be less intimidating for him ;)

That too. ;)

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 14 January, 2011, 10:33:13 PM
The problem with going to the cinema together is, if you don't have a drink and a chat first (be it alcohol or coffee) you are basically sitting in the dark for two hours with a stranger...

Aye, I was about to say the same thing. A film's fine if you're already dating, or if you're combining it with some grub or something, but you want a situation where you have the chance to talk for a bit. Maybe the coffee shop idea that was suggested earlier?

Cyberleader2000

well sometimes because the cinmar has a habit of showing the films right arfter luch time it being trickey to have lunch and get there on time so when its to dificiult I go to subway or McDonald's to have lunch when its to closes to do the whole have lunch befor leaveing home but I get the ider that may also be a bad ider
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime