Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 July, 2014, 12:53:48 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 06 July, 2014, 11:25:38 AM

With the news that the former Home Secretary who can't remember being handed a dossier * naming government figures who were members of a paedophile abuse ring is himself accused of raping a teenager, the whole Elm Guest House thing appears to have reached a tipping point, as the mainstream media begin to take up a story which had previously been dismissed as the paranoid fantasy of Icke and the tinfoil hatters.

* which has now gone missing

Allegedly it got mislaid somewhere between Westminster and his own visits to Elm Guest House.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 July, 2014, 10:53:26 AMI also find the Oscar namebadge thing stretches the source's credibility more than a little.

An organised pedo ring in Westminster that's been covered-up by successive governments should ideally stretch credulity, yet here we now find ourselves.  From what I can see of the inquiry they're planning on having for the public, the whitewashing looks set to continue.

If we're still talking conspiracy theories, did anyone else find it odd that the celebrity pedo witch hunts were so public and well-covered, almost like the media were trying to burn the public out on pedo-outrage ahead of something else coming to light?  After Rolf and Jimmy, it'll be a good day to bury bad news for quite some time.

ZenArcade

It'll be hard to bury this one, Murdoch hates the British political class with a passion after they humiliated him over the NotW. He'll have his revenge on this one I think. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

Frank

Quote from: Professor Theopolis K Bear on 14 July, 2014, 04:24:41 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 13 July, 2014, 10:53:26 AMI also find the Oscar namebadge thing stretches the source's credibility more than a little.

An organised pedo ring in Westminster that's been covered-up by successive governments should ideally stretch credulity, yet here we now find ourselves.  From what I can see of the inquiry they're planning on having for the public, the whitewashing looks set to continue.

If we're still talking conspiracy theories, did anyone else find it odd that the celebrity pedo witch hunts were so public and well-covered, almost like the media were trying to burn the public out on pedo-outrage ahead of something else coming to light?  After Rolf and Jimmy, it'll be a good day to bury bad news for quite some time

I don't think there's anything odd about some MPs turning out to have been up to the same thing as some celebrities, or the order in which the rumours/revelations have emerged. Some of Them were at it because many, many people in wider society were doing the same - it would be weird if some light entertainers and right honourable members weren't up to the same disgusting business as so many others.

They got away with it for the same reason as thousands of ordinary people did - because the ones who found out either didn't think it was such a big deal or didn't do a thing about it. Most of us here grew up in the dog days of a society in which being a man meant you were allowed to do pretty much whatever you liked to whoever else you wanted - women, kids, the disabled, ethnic minorities - and even if someone else found out you were very unlikely to get in trouble for it.

I've heard enough stories from within my own small circle of kids being sexually exploited, folk knowing, and absolutely nothing being done about it, to know this problem wasn't limited to the highest levels of society. The people who should have been looking after the best interests of those involved thought molestation was best ignored or covered up. Unchecked authority over anyone else - as an MP, as a care worker, as a dad - is what allows abuse of any kind to happen.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 14 July, 2014, 05:20:18 PM...a society in which being a man meant you were allowed to do pretty much whatever you liked to whoever else you wanted - women, kids, the disabled, ethnic minorities - and even if someone else found out you were very unlikely to get in trouble for it.

I've heard enough stories from within my own small circle of kids being sexually exploited, folk knowing, and absolutely nothing being done about it, to know this problem wasn't limited to the highest levels of society.

Yeah, that articulates my thoughts on the matter rather better than I could manage myself. 

JayzusB.Christ

Sauchie = Scotch* Tordelback.

*Yes, Scotch.  Like the eggs and the whiskey and the tape.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

The Scotch Planet of the Apes on TV, though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

Richmond Clements

Erm... you know that Daily Mash is not actually a news site, right..?

Fungus

Frank

Quote from: Gypsum on 17 July, 2014, 05:55:10 PM
Miliband to show Obama his 2000AD collection

"Quite simply, in the international geo-politics of the 21st century there is no role for Nemesis the Warlock." Has somebody retweeted that to Pat Mills. He'd love it.

Grugz

more worrying news from the eastern front with a Malaysian airliner being alledgedly shot down by Russian sepratists but some reports are suggesting the missile came from the motherland herself ,possibly 9 brits on board :(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html