Main Menu

Just discovering 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd og comics

Started by Section Six Lawman, 29 September, 2023, 06:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Section Six Lawman

First off greetings to everyone, forewarning I'm super enthusiastic about 2000 AD and Judge Dredd after reading a few books (Case Files 01, Case Files 05, Origins and Dreadnoughts) so forgive me if I make postings hyped about something you gals and guys have already read.

secondly, this is an amazing comic book especially how it's presented as being from an Alien who has traveled from the future. pretty cool.

Hopefully I learn some more cool things about the Dredd universe and other series.

Trooper McFad

Welcome aboard SSL and enjoy the journey through the wealth of characters stories and epics

and also enjoy the banter from this forum 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Welcome! I'd definitely look at filling in the gap between case files 1 and 5. Some classic Dredd in there, and the seeds of many a later storyline.

Section Six Lawman

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 29 September, 2023, 08:19:29 PMWelcome aboard SSL and enjoy the journey through the wealth of characters stories and epics

and also enjoy the banter from this forum 👍🏻
Thanks for the warm welcome Trooper, I definitely will enjoy myself.

Quote from: Le Fink on 30 September, 2023, 09:40:45 AMWelcome! I'd definitely look at filling in the gap between case files 1 and 5. Some classic Dredd in there, and the seeds of many a later storyline.
I plan on reading all case files and stories I can get my hands upon. I ultimately would like to start up an accurate wiki page with details on Characters, Lore, Technology of the Dredd Universe based upon progs I've read as I don't see any currently updated wiki sites for Dredd and Fandoms site is too intensive on system resources due to the ads on their site so I try and not use them although they have the most relevant info so far (that I've found).

Richard

JohnW

Quote from: Section Six Lawman on 30 September, 2023, 01:34:23 PMI ultimately would like to start up an accurate wiki page with details on Characters, Lore, Technology of the Dredd Universe

Welcome to the board, Section Six.
Are you familiar with this, by our own cherished research monkey, the good Mr. Solo?
For someone new to the world of 2000AD or someone like me, who missed a big chunk of years, it's a regular treasure trove.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Section Six Lawman

Quote from: Richard on 30 September, 2023, 02:31:26 PMWelcome! Feel free to hype away!

lol will do

Quote from: JohnW on 30 September, 2023, 08:43:39 PM
Quote from: Section Six Lawman on 30 September, 2023, 01:34:23 PMI ultimately would like to start up an accurate wiki page with details on Characters, Lore, Technology of the Dredd Universe

Welcome to the board, Section Six.
Are you familiar with this, by our own cherished research monkey, the good Mr. Solo?
For someone new to the world of 2000AD or someone like me, who missed a big chunk of years, it's a regular treasure trove.

ah no, I hadn't known about this but from surface skimming-this is definitely a trove of information that will help me better understand the dredd universe. thank you a ton for the link,

also just asking for personal inquiry, anyone working on a TCG you're aware of?

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard - have fun there's a whole world... well galaxy... of amazing stories to catch up with - have fun exploring it all.

Section Six Lawman

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 October, 2023, 08:30:27 PMWelcome aboard - have fun there's a whole world... well galaxy... of amazing stories to catch up with - have fun exploring it all.

I definitely will,
I'm currently reading "The Day the Law Died" and its amazing.
only on part 2 or 3 but Chief Judge Cal is a flippin menace. the way he humiliates Judge Quincy and then the new laws broadcasted over the news.
Happy I started reading the comics, can't wait to read more.

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Tjm86

Quote from: Vernonnub on 06 October, 2023, 06:01:46 PMHey there,
Just wanted to drop a quick tip for those of you in the dating scene. I recently stumbled upon a fantastic guide called ""Find the Right Dating Site for You in USA: A Guide to the Best Dating Sites."" It's a game-changer for anyone searching for the perfect dating platform.
Check it out here: https://stjlat.com/iwantu/ and make your dating journey a whole lot easier!
Best wishes

Nah, I'm sticking with grapes ... I get a bit like Liz Truss with dates ("we're sitting on a massive reserve of gas and we need to release it!")

JohnW

Is it being suggested that middle-aged comics fans can't pull?
This is the sort of slur that puts my mismatched teeth on edge and causes my receding hackles to rise!

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 06 October, 2023, 07:14:12 PMIs it being suggested that middle-aged comics fans can't pull?
This is the sort of slur that puts my mismatched teeth on edge and causes my receding hackles to rise!
Haha! My other half, who arguably has a strange taste in men, doesn't mind my comics habit per se, but has told me in no uncertain terms that it's "not for her" (yet) but is concerned about the house catching fire because of all the paper I've been studiously shelving over the years.

I might be able to get her to try Tamara Drew...