Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Back in the dim and distant, a school chum and I went to the pictures to watch a film they were in. I seem to remember that they wore their face paint all the time and could shoot energy beams at bad guys.

It was dismal.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 21 September, 2023, 11:21:40 PMHe drew an even shorter straw to end up in a band with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley

I didn't know that Gene Simmons was such a gimp. However, Google confirms that yes, he's an utter gobshite. Ah well
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Went to hospital this morning for some short and snappy surgery. Astonishingly, I was in and out in about forty minutes, and I strode home all bandaged up and feeling fine.
But the anaesthetic is wearing off now, so if you told me that someone had taken a sharp blade and a cauterising iron to my eyelid only a couple of hours ago, I might just believe you.
Ow.

Anyway, the doctor assured me it was merely a harmless excrescence and not a malign alien parasite, but what does she know?

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

Glad you're okay, John. Another battle scar to add to the collection - but that's okay, as rugby player Terry O'Connor (I think) once said, "chicks dig scars."

Feel better.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

How do chicks feel about middle-aged men bumbling around half blind and fucked up on Neurofen?

Thanks for the kind wishes all the same, Sharky.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JohnW on 28 September, 2023, 11:35:31 AMHow do chicks feel about middle-aged men bumbling around half blind and fucked up on Neurofen?

I don't know why you have to bring me into it. You don't know anything about me.

Glad the surgery went well! Onwards and upwards.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

Thanks, Jayzus.

Deft work by the sawbones. Credit where credit's due. She knew her onions (and her cauterising irons) and no mistake.
When it was over she showed me the nasty little whatsit she'd excised, harmless in a wee plastic jar, and assured me all was well, but what do they teach them about starborn things in med school?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: JohnW on 28 September, 2023, 11:12:20 AMBut the anaesthetic is wearing off now, so if you told me that someone had taken a sharp blade and a cauterising iron to my eyelid only a couple of hours ago, I might just believe you.
Ow.

Go on, I'll take the bullet low hanging fruit.

I can't believe you didn't see this coming.

Get well soon, JW.  :)

JohnW

Thanks, Hawkie.
Speaking of onions (and I did sort of mention them upthread), I can feel my eye running like a broken tap under the dressing.
I just thought I should share that.

paddykafka

Quote from: JohnW on 28 September, 2023, 12:14:12 PMThanks, Hawkie.
Speaking of onions (and I did sort of mention them upthread), I can feel my eye running like a broken tap under the dressing.
I just thought I should share that.

Could it be said that you're in eyefull pain?

Hope you recover soon, mate!

JohnW

Quote from: paddykafka on 28 September, 2023, 12:53:18 PMCould it be said that you're in eyefull pain?

Where did you leave your coat?

Hawkmumbler

As much as I vehemently dislike AI in the arts as a principle, it has been very amusing checking in to see what ungodly visions Shark has adorned himself with on any given day.

It's like the worlds most dire post code lottery.

The Legendary Shark

Today's avatar is "072-Old_Professor_Shark_006," which is one of the results I got from Picsart when I typed in "A shark-headed professor." Most of them come from a similar description, "a shark-headed X." Most of them are pretty easy to guess, some not, and a few are just bonkers.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

I was listening to Tom Waits's earlier stuff before I went to bed last night, but what was playing on a loop in my head when I woke up this morning?
'Hold Me Now': Johnny Logan's 1987 Eurovision win.

You try and you try to be cool, but if you ain't got it, then you just ain't got it.