Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Wikiquote's getting it tight from the Derry wans today. There's a proliferation of people posting poetry they've never read before. This town loves a bandwagon.
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Quote from: Mister Pops on 30 August, 2013, 04:37:53 PM
Wikiquote's getting it tight from the Derry wans today. There's a proliferation of people posting poetry they've never read before. This town loves a bandwagon.

Heaney wrote a lot about bog men. There must be something in those poems about people unnaturally preserved in the same sorry state they've been in for centuries that spoke to the town with two names.

The Doctor Alt 8

Must admit.
Always had my suspicions about Batman....

The Doctor Alt 8

I filmed a live hedgehog last night.

Not easy when I had to stop the two dogs I was walking from trying to play with it... and had to hold a torch to get enough light.
But I did it.

Frank

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 31 August, 2013, 11:19:48 AM
I filmed a live hedgehog last night. Not easy when I had to stop the two dogs I was walking from trying to play with it... and had to hold a torch to get enough light. But I did it.

Are you using the word hedgehog in some kind of euphemistic sense here, Doc?

The Doctor Alt 8

No. Not at all. A genuine cute prickly hedgehog.

Frank

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 31 August, 2013, 10:12:40 PM

Round, pink, quivering nose; closes up small and tight when it sees something which frightens it. I see where you're coming from, Doc.

Spikes

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: sauchie on 31 August, 2013, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 31 August, 2013, 10:12:40 PM

Round, pink, quivering nose; closes up small and tight when it sees something which frightens it. I see where you're coming from, Doc.

A Hedgehog is not a bloody euphemism....

Frank

Spikes

How much do we need a Dredd sequel to come along to give us summat to talk about? Just pop over to the off-topic section, and youll find out....

Bubba Zebill

With an iPad, duct tape and the appropriate cos...one could gaze in to the face of fear this halloween.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU0gs6KQ8jw&feature=player_embedded#t=197
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Proudhuff

Judge Souster, whatever happened to him?
DDT did a job on me

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 September, 2013, 12:56:30 PM
Judge Souster, whatever happened to him?

He was the judge that saw only one way to split the roadways in The Apocalypse War (to slow the Sov advance)

He leaps and 'Stub's' the roads one by one as he falls shouting something like...

'For freedom.'

'For justice.'

'For mega city one.'

Splatt.

...one of my favourite scenes from anything in Judge Dredd. It was 'all the deep end' for him.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105