Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 November, 2013, 09:41:58 AM
Anyway, I had a dream last night in which I was Huckleberry Finn.  I travelled around Ireland's waterways in a Mississippi steamer using Heisenberg-like schemes to kill authority figures and rival kids dressed as pirates en masse, somehow still retaining my reputation as loveable little scamp. 

The dream also featured Francis Begbie, whom I used as part of a masterplan to annihilate the political status quo and replace it with anarchy.  I sho' was one pow'ful naughty chile.

That's awesome!  There must have been something in the air last night, because I too had a long very vivid (but less inventive) dream where I was working to overthrow a mafia-like dynasty in a non-specific central european city (Budapest crossed with Salzburg, if you can imagine that) with the assistance of a little old lady who ran a 1-Hour Photo stall in the massive square in front of the gangsters' palace...  What fascinates me was the detailed cast of individual made men, who took it in turns to either try to enlist, ensnare or intimidate me,  the full range from adolescent scrote in high-collared suit up to swaggering don. 

It should be noted that I am re-reading Dante and had just re-watched The Untouchables.

Dandontdare

top tip for detailed and vivid dreaming - Nicotine patches. When I'm on a periodic  attempt to quit smoking, the patches give me the most complicated, detailed narrative dreams I've ever had. Two friends have reported similar - one said they gave her 'crazy and disturbing dreams' and the other said she had the best sex-dreams ever and awoke feeling, literally, shagged out.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 November, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

It should be noted that I am re-reading Dante and had just re-watched The Untouchables.

Quotetop tip for detailed and vivid dreaming - Nicotine patches

It was coming off medication, in my case.  Sometimes it's fun to be a loo-la

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bubba Zebill

Ah, Threadjacking, where have you been?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Hawkmumbler

I think i'm paranoid about my teeth. The gum line on te bottom set looks much to low down. :-\

The Doctor Alt 8

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 November, 2013, 04:31:49 PM
I think i'm paranoid about my teeth. The gum line on te bottom set looks much to low down. :-\

Yep, there's something seriously wrong there.  I'm only going by your profile pic, mind you
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 November, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

I had the same problem with receding gums.  My dentist told me to get a softer bristle brush, and not be too vigourous when using it.  He also recommended sensodyne for it's gum protection properties.

They've been fine ever since!

Dandontdare

Once more Judge Dredd predicts the future - Synthehol is here!

Goaty

Better Batman than Ben Affeck?

von Boom

The Doctor Alt 8

Now now... stop whinnying.

It could be this guy... Ryan Reynolds

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Goaty on 13 November, 2013, 12:16:25 PM

Well, since I haven't actually seen a single second's footage of Ben Affleck's Batman, it is quite impossible for me to say.
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Mister Pops on 13 November, 2013, 05:57:39 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 13 November, 2013, 12:16:25 PM

Well, since I haven't actually seen a single second's footage of Ben Affleck's Batman, it is quite impossible for me to say.

Wtf? Are you new to the Internet?

Professor Bear

This is my first day on the internet.  I went into the PC shop and asked if it was something I might like, as my major interests are racism, hating women, and pictures of cats.