Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 29 April, 2014, 03:25:07 PM
Do you work in government?

Close! But not quite so bureaucratic, more technical. TV. Everyone's favourite auntie. So forth.

TordelBack

Old Tankie

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 29 April, 2014, 03:42:28 PM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 29 April, 2014, 03:25:07 PM
Do you work in government?

Close! But not quite so bureaucratic, more technical. TV. Everyone's favourite auntie. So forth.

So you work for the Labour Party then!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

To be fair, they do top beers.  Except for Nanny State, their pissy non-alcoholic one - I like non-alcoholic beers sometimes, but this one isn't even trying.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

SATANIC STATUE TAKING SHAPE NICELY
AFTER US PUBLIC DONATE $30,000

Work on a 7ft tall monument of a goat-headed demon destined for erection at the Oklahoma state Capitol is well underway. New York-based Satanic Temple revealed the design in January, which depicts Satan as Baphomet sitting on a pentagram throne flanked by two children. The proposed location would see the statue, set to be cast in bronze, placed adjacent to a Ten Commandments monument.

(D)uring a debate on Fox News, when asked whether the proposed erection of the statue "was not a mockery and absolutely ridiculous?", David Silverman, President of the American Atheists replied: "Absolutely not – not a mockery, not ridiculous. The separation of the church and the state is what makes America great. "Religious freedom means the government cannot take sides over one religion or another. You may not like the Satanists but guess what? It doesn't matter."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/02/satanic-temples-7ft-baphomet-demon-pictures_n_5253153.html

Frank

A young Chris Weston tries out for Mark Millar's Canon Fodder. Superb colour work and insane attention to detail all present, but I'm glad the character which eventually saw print in the strip didn't look quite so much as if he was straining on the toilet: https://twitter.com/westonfront/status/462313247983419392/photo/1

JamesC

Not much of a sense of place either.

Panel 1 - On top of some building with a church behind him to his right.

Panel 2 - Backed against a wall with a gargoyle hanging over his shoulder. Church below him and to the right?

Panel 3 - The middle of nowhere.

Panel 4 - in a graveyard.

8-Ball

Speaking of straining on the toilet, recently there were posters for the rubbish Lars Von Trier film Nymphomaniac, all depicting various cast members in the throes of "enjoying themselves" but all I could see was "constipation". :lol:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

vzzbux

cant find the worst tattoo's thread.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Trout

I remember when this was all fields.

And the board was at least partly about comics. Where are all these music threads coming from?

TordelBack

This is what happens when you reprint Zenith without the spunkwizard's consent - categories get blurred, the line between realities fractures, and all the music nerds come pouring out.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Trout on 06 May, 2014, 02:24:31 AM
I remember when this was all fields.

And the board was at least partly about comics. Where are all these music threads coming from?

GrinningChimera. All of them.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Trout

Next: best glockenspiel solo.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!