Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

What's wrong with an open slice. Having any upper boundary clearly reduces the potential filling depth from ∞ to ∞-hslice.

Acceptable answers could include being assured of having a top layer of mustard/mayo/etc.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 November, 2014, 02:08:16 PM
£420,000 that research cost.

Crap, and I only used one slice because I was too cheap to buy a new loaf.  Could we work out some kind of installment plan?  Fifty pence now and £419,999.50 when I get paid?

(Obviously I meant 'all other things being equal', assuming an equal quantity of filling in both.  Obviously).

The Legendary Shark

The open slice is an inferior option, mainly employed purely for decorative purposes, as it lacks the structural integrity of the double or triple slice. The open slice is also unfriendly to moustaches and those with an especially prominent conk.
Happily, Tordels, the research has already been paid for by the Ministry of Other Things and the National Buttie Board.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

Two slices, which first to pick up??

von Boom

The real point of contention is which slice do you put your condiments? Top slice or bottom slice? And then in which order?

M.I.K.

You do realise a single slice of bread that's been cut in half and layered is exactly the same as one half of two slices of layered bread, enabling you to obtain the required amount of filling?

Goaty

Depend on what fillings?

The Legendary Shark

Well, these questions will require more research.
Miss Bobbitt! Get on to Sir Edward Clyde-Flange up at the Ministry, tell him I've got another million pound research proposal - and if he gives you any trouble, tell him I still have the MP3...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Quote from: von Boom on 19 November, 2014, 04:33:59 PM
The real point of contention is which slice do you put your condiments? Top slice or bottom slice? And then in which order?

Both.

von Boom

And of course you have to ask, is a sandwich a sandwich if it doesn't contain any sort of animal carcass? Without some sort of animal protein you could argue that it isn't a sandwich, but rather a poncy salad with two really big croutons.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: von Boom on 20 November, 2014, 03:27:18 PM
And of course you have to ask, is a sandwich a sandwich if it doesn't contain any sort of animal carcass? Without some sort of animal protein you could argue that it isn't a sandwich, but rather a poncy salad with two really big croutons.

Seeing as it's a discussion about sandwiches, I'll bite...

Tempeh, peanut butter, sliced and fried tofu, falafel, hummous, etc. Pretty certain that these are all good sources of protein and definitely not "poncy salad" or "animal carcass".  No need to kill or be cruel to have a nice sarnie.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

Yes, yes, yes - but...
Bacon.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

For somebody who has the most left-field view of the world I've ever come across, that is the most tediously predictable reply to any vegetarian/vegan post. Or are you referencing something I posted earlier to that effect?

Anyway, I'm not stupid (mostly). I know that BACON tastes nice.

But not that nice.

And I really don't think it's worth the slaughter and the cruelty just for our pleasure and convenience.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 November, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
And I really don't think it's worth the slaughter and the cruelty just for our pleasure and convenience.

Quite.

Unless it was really nice bacon.

I think we're just engaging in the traditonal forum blood-sport of dinosaur baiting!

The Legendary Shark

Not being cruel to animals - absolutely, I'm 100% behind that and if I could choose the farm/abattoir I get my meat from then I would.
I see the sense in vegetarianism and I try to eat a lot of fruit and veg myself. Because of the concerns of health, morality and sustainability I now eat less meat but I don't think I'll ever fully give it up.
So, innocent animals get slaughtered for my food - boo bloody who. A hungry wolf or tiger wouldn't have any qualms if it had me in its sights. Things eat each other, often in the most gruesome and painful ways. Being at the top of the food chain, we can eat any damned thing we like but of all the meats I enjoy, the only one that I could never even contemplate giving up is bacon.
I'm sorry, but there's just something so damned delicious about it. I'm sorry that pigs have to die for my BLT but that's just tough. If it didn't want to get slaughtered it shouldn't have chosen to be incarnated as a pig.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]