Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Simple things tickle me...
Out walking the dog just now, I espied a local notice board screwed to the front of the Chemist's and ambled over for a butcher's. The whole thing was taken up by six sheets of laminated A4 printer paper self-importantly displaying the agenda and minutes of the last Parish Council meeting. The placement of the following two agenda items made me chuckle aloud:
ITEM 5: To discuss the Parish Council's income for the 2014 Second Quarter (£00.00p).
ITEM 6: To discuss the appointment of a new internal auditor.
Ah, England - how thy ways amuse!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Brilliant.

This reminds me of the antics of a CEO of my unhappy acquaintance, who is under sustained media (and union) fire for sloppy procurement decisions and misplaced priorities in expenditure - his response to the leaking of invoices etc. that informed this criticism is to spend a small fortune installing a state-of-the-art security system on the accounts room.  This seems to be the central tenet of the Worthless Executive school: "trying to hide things is always a better use of your time than having nothing to hide".

And I bet they still get left in the photocopier.

Goaty

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 November, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
Simple things tickle me...

I will reserve that right for the next time I see you  :D
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Well, all right but - be warned - my bladder control isn't what it used to be...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: JamesC on 27 November, 2014, 01:49:45 PM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/24/christian-fundamentalist-goes-science-museum-audit-its-liberal-bias-makes-ass-self-video/

Submitted without comment

Un-be-frickin-lievable.

I love the comment about the video "warning, you may want to wear a helmet from all the facepalming you're about to experience"

Professor Bear

I think she makes an excellent point - over and over and over again - "we can't come from monkeys because there are still monkeys" seems airtight to me.

I have applied her scientific principles elsewhere and concluded that tire swings can't exist because there are still tires on cars.  As best I can understand it, tire swings are a lie perpetuated by the liberal media to discredit Christians, as are dogs, which can't have evolved from wolves because there are still wolves.  I believe that dogs aren't real and it's just a small group of very vocal liberals in dog costumes bullying the media.

The Legendary Shark

The human is the only ape that doesn't have a penile bone. Humans also have fewer chromosomes than their nearest known genetic relatives. There are massive differences between the shoulders, neck, jaws and nasal passages of humans and their closest relatives - too many to be explained by a single "missing link" - which might be missing because it isn't there.
Humans, then, were obviously created out of monkeys and pigs by prehistoric extradimensional aliens. Everyone knows that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Humans were magicked into existence by a Santa Claus that lives in the clouds for which there is not a single shred of evidence only because it has been suppressed by the liberal media because it doesn't fit in with their biased agenda to bully Christians - white Christians in particular.  As a white Christian male, I find it appalling that my opinions are so marginalised.

The Legendary Shark

If you are a Christian then, like Christ and Moses, you think usury is a sin and therefore cannot use any bank or building society or company or government that indulges in this evil sin - right?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Jesus didn't hate the concept of usury (or corporate bailouts), he hated the Jewish-run banking system of the day, supported as it was by the liberal Roman media's endorsement of homosexual lifestyles.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 November, 2014, 05:37:12 PMThere are massive differences between the shoulders, neck, jaws and nasal passages of humans and their closest relatives - too many to be explained by a single "missing link" - which might be missing because it isn't there.

But not too many to be explained by the 400,000 'missing links', or as we like to call them 'generations', that separate ourselves and the last common ancestor we share with chimps.  That's 800,000 generations separating our species.  More than enough missing links for most things.

Professor Bear

I saw on some tv show that in a few thousand years' time (if we all died overnight) there won't be any proof of human civilisation left, and yet there are museums full of billion-year-old bones and cavemen knickers?  This science lark seems a bit fishy to me.