Main Menu

Who to be the next Doctor? Find out tomorrow.

Started by Bad Andy, 02 January, 2009, 05:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

QuoteThe name of the actor who will replace David Tennant as Doctor Who will be announced on Saturday.

Tennant said in October that he would stand down from the show after filming four special episodes in 2009.

His replacement - the eleventh Doctor of the TV series - will be revealed in a Doctor Who Confidential programme on BBC One at 1735 on 3 January.

The casting was confirmed over Christmas and filming for the 2010 series begins in the summer.

Tennant is due to begin shooting the first of his four specials this month, just weeks after surgery on his back.

The last of these episodes is expected to run in early 2010.

More here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7807742.stm

Surely it will be Paterson Joseph..

satchmo

Blimey! I'll never sleep tonight now...
Shirley it's Paterson Joseph.

Buttonman

On Betfair there are really only three runners: Paterson Joseph, Chiwetel Ejiofor and our very own Matt Smith. Joseph is 1/3 and given someone knows I'd say that is significant. Free money if you are in the know.

I'm sure the Daily Mail will accept the firts black doctor with good grace and won't suggest that it's PC gone mad.

*** Just checked Paterson Joseph's Wiki - It's Johnston out of Peep Show! Great!

Will I. Cooling

My vote is for Russell T Davies  :D

Will be interesting to see who it is....I remember when they announced David Tennant and I was reassuring all my mates - no he's really good...honestly...he was in Casanova and was excellent. Man I can't believe that's three years ago.
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: "Will@The Nexus"My vote is for Russell T Davies  :-)

I have no inside knowledge (everyone knows not to tell me as I'm easily bribed with a pint of Guinness and a Cadbury's Creme Egg) but I really like the idea of Paterson Joseph, he's got a great face to draw. Still hoping for Rhys Ifans tho....

Colin YNWA

I'm really hoping its Patterson Joesph but there's a lot of talk of Chiwetel Ejiofor and also on a site or two Sean Pertwee which has a certain appeal but one which I think will fade very quickly.

I, Cosh

Surely Ejiofor is too high profile in the movies to be interested in this.
We never really die.

Buddy

Should have been Antonio Fargas in a pimped up TARDIS.

Devons Daddy

BIG SHOES

this could be a poison challis, Neil Tennant was an outstanding DR,fun irrelevant intelligent and always entertaining,stepping down now,whilst a pity cements his place in popular TV history.
for me the best Dr since Tom Baker.

The new one, i will be happy to see the standard remain high,i quite like the idea of patrick head,though i know he was a baddie i like the idea.

WHAT ABOUT A WOMAN DR!!!!!
its a thought.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Colin YNWA

Neil Tennant probably would have made a very good Doctor back in the day. Doctor Who and the West End Girls - can you imagine! But having Chris Lowe lurking in the background stoically behind a keyboard might have been off putting?

Nice typo.

TordelBack

Heh, I can just see him scribbling missives for Smash Hits on the TARDIS console...  A chance missed!

I'm still hoping it'll be Katee Sackoff.

Bad Andy

I was thinking about this the other day and I don't think that the Doctor should be a woman. There are already women timelords. Incorporate them more if necessary.

Has there ever been a 'transgender' Timelord?

ThryllSeekyr

Roan Atkinson, Hugh Grant, Jim Broadbent, Joanna Lumely...

Even though they already been used on one of the Christmas speicals.

Seriously, I t hink they might try somebod darker persuasion.

I'm not sure who exactly.

Danny Don Jules seems to short, then again, I guess there is no stereo type.

The Amstor Computer

Hopefully someone relatively unknown and not one of the names being bandied about.