Main Menu

Good news everyone!

Started by Bad Andy, 17 March, 2009, 05:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

There's a talk on the old Big Finish forums that more Dredd Audio is coming our way!

http://forums.bigfinish.com/yaf_postst9 ... oming.aspx
http://www.mikescomics.com/CD4.html

2000 AD Presents (#19) Judge Dredd - Stranger Than Truth [Expected 29 August 2009]
2000 AD Presents (#20) Judge Dredd - Blood Will Tell [Expected 29 September 2009]
2000 AD Presents (#21) Judge Dredd - Rumspringa [Expected 29 October 2009]
2000 AD Presents (#22) Judge Dredd - Double Zero [Expected 29 November 2009]

I've got all 18 200ad Big Finish audio dramas and they are really rather good. I'm well up for this new set if it is true.

***crosses fingers***

DavidXBrunt

Damn. Damn and blast. That's more expense for me. Big Finish, I wish I knew how to quit you. Four subscriptions already...

ThryllSeekyr

Now who was the voice of Johhny Alpha?

Richmond Clements

COMMANDO FORCES

Excellent news, by the way ThryllSeekr I do believe Simon Pegg was Johnny Alpha ;)

Goaty

that good, but not good news for me *cough* Deaf *cough*

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteExcellent news, by the way ThryllSeekr I do believe Simon Pegg was Johnny Alpha  

yes, I sort of knew, but asked anyway.

Hey, what about a Slaine Radio Play?

Anybody out there brushing up on their on their Proto-Gaelic.

Dash Decent

As much as I would love this to be true, it seems odd to me that rather than this being a news item on the 2000AD and/or Big Finish websites, it's come in via the forums because someone's found it listed at an e-tailer, and not one like an Amazon at that.  It's also unusual that the release dates are all the 29th, because that makes two of them fall on a weekend.

I wish someone in the know would issue an official response to the thread, letting us know one way or the other.

On the other hand, the way the new Dredd movie was announced shows that lack of info on the 2000AD site doesn't mean anything!  If it is real, I'll certainly be one of the first in line.  I felt the series really began to hit its straps around "Pre-emptive Revenge".  They certainly improved once they got rid of rookie Amy Steele (with her overly-deliberate Look-I'm-Acting delivery), but 16 - 18 were the best to my mind and I'm sure the series would have got better had it been allowed to continue.  Of course, I enjoy the others, particularly the Jonathan Clements efforts, but those last few moreso.

Who knows, perhaps they've finally sold enough of the CDs to consider another go with a shorter production run.  They don't have to rebuild the sets and they may have had scripts in the pipeline from before.

So, any guesses what the stories may be about?
Stranger Than Truth: No idea. Dredd reads the script of the Stallone film?
Blood Will Tell: Bloodline stuff - a Fargo clone?
Rumspringa: It could be a metaphor but if taken literally then Dredd has to baby-sit some Amish teenagers come to MC1?
Double Zero: that's Dredd's psi-rating, isn't it?  So perhaps a Dark Judges tale?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Devons Daddy

thats a great thing to know.

the past ones where very good, but the SD ones where outstanding!!!!!!
anyone know if they sell them through itunes, otherwise i waste postage on CDs i rip.

they have another customer here.

good post that man.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Cactus

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Hey, what about a Slaine Radio Play?
It'll never happen; they'd have to find somebody who can pronounce his name.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

House of Usher

I'll give it a miss. We've got television in our house. I listened to some Dredd and Strontium Dog audio dramas in the car once. Sure was an effort.
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "House of Usher"I'll give it a miss. We've got television in our house.

One final twist of the knife in TordelBack's grief, eh?
I like your style!

Bad Andy

Quote from: "House of Usher"I'll give it a miss. We've got television in our house. I listened to some Dredd and Strontium Dog audio dramas in the car once. Sure was an effort.

Personally I'm surprised at this attitude. You do need to concentrate on the stories, but they do repay the effort.

Why bother with comics if you have a TV in the house?

House of Usher

Quote from: "Bad Andy"Why bother with comics if you have a TV in the house?
Comics go at the pace I want them to. With television you have to keep up with the speed of the programme or else keep rewinding the bits you missed. Television's a moving medium, whereas comics are made up of stills. Plus, nobody drew the television. I quite like the drawings that appear in comics.
STRIKE !!!

Bad Andy

Hannah & Barbera would be turning in their graves!

Of course I was being flippant.

Personally I can spend an hour listening to an audio drama or an hour watching TV. I find them interchangeable entertainment media, but it can depend upon how noisy your house is.