Main Menu

And Another Thing - Hitchikers Guide To the Galaxy Book 6

Started by Bad Andy, 03 September, 2009, 11:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Just discovered there's a Sixth Hitchhikers book been written. It's due out next month.

It's written by Eoin Colfer of Artemis Fowl fame.

Can someone who has read any of his books assuage my fears and tell me that they're up to scratch?

JOE SOAP

Well the Hitch Hiker books after Restaurant... weren't up to scratch either so other than the fact Adams' name isn't on it should it be written at all?

TordelBack

Ah, the later stuff had its moments.  But basically, no

Bad Andy

This has got confused. Are the Artemis Fowl books any good?

I know Mostly Harmless was Mostly Awful, but I'd still like to know if anyone who has experience of Colfer's work thinks he has the right humour for the books.

Kerrin

I've read a few of the Artemis Fowl books. He's not a bad writer.

I'm with Garageman on the Hitchikers stuff, read the first two a couple of times, the third one once, dredged through the fourth and didn't bother with the fifth.

What the hell happened to the second film anyway? It seems highly improbable it will get made now.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Kerrin on 03 September, 2009, 09:06:30 PM
I've read a few of the Artemis Fowl books. He's not a bad writer.

I'm with Garageman on the Hitchikers stuff, read the first two a couple of times, the third one once, dredged through the fourth and didn't bother with the fifth.

What the hell happened to the second film anyway? It seems highly improbable it will get made now.
But not infinitely?
We never really die.

Kerrin