Main Menu

APRIL ART COMP - THE DAY THE LAW DIED

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 April, 2014, 12:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From March's second-place Jon Gibbons:

QuoteTHE DAY THE LAW DIED

The legendary Cal story (once immortalised by Hitchhiker's Dirk Maggs for BBC Radio) is chock full of memorable moments - the sacrifice of Fergie, the tyranny of Cal, the menace of the Kleggs, the noble Deputy Chief Judge Fish.... it goes on. Confused - ? Get thee to the Future Shop and buy yourself a digital copy for only £5!!

- remember there are PRIZES TO BE WON - one for the winner, one for Tharg's Choice - ! All entries will be featured on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp) where they are admired and liked by our 309 followers :D There will also be a bonafide 2000ad droid judging their favourite entry for Droid's Choice....

Rules are these:

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.
- All entries have to be specifically for this competition - so no pictures you've done for anything else.

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 27TH OF APRIL! KLEGG HAI!

mimikeke

For the love of god stop choosing such fun topics!  :lol:

Gonna try to stay away....have...real life....obligations... :'( :'( :'(

Can't wait to see the entries.

Dash Decent

This doesn't count because I've used it before.  I just wanted to be first!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

RaggedMan

I know exactly what I want to do for this comp but it requires a far better grasp of perspective than I possess! Will give it a whirl anyway. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with.

JonGibbons

Judge Cal and the Kleggs......... How can I resist, time to shift around some illustration gigs and try to squeeze in the time to take part!

amines2058

I need to get my thinking cap on, have already done Judge Grampus for one comp and the Undercity for the last one so am running out of subject matter!
Hmmmm need to dig out the case files and get re-reading PDQ!

Jon

Fergie, Giant, Robo-Dredd, Guerilla warfare, Judge against Judge, Dredd's escape from the Titan shuttle, Cursed Earth Exodus, the building of the wall, mass executions.... Cal himself! Plus all the other stuff mentioned. Loads there. :D

amines2058

Quote from: Jon on 03 April, 2014, 02:51:03 PM
Fergie, Giant, Robo-Dredd, Guerilla warfare, Judge against Judge, Dredd's escape from the Titan shuttle, Cursed Earth Exodus, the building of the wall, mass executions.... Cal himself! Plus all the other stuff mentioned. Loads there. :D

I was only jesting on lack of subject matter, but you have just refreshed my memory to how much source material there is to draw from for inspiration! Eager and excited to get home from work and get reading and sketching!!

mimikeke

The question is whether to go serious or not?  :lol:

I mean

RaggedMan

You're suggesting there's something frivolous about Judge Fish?
The finest, noblest, dampest law...thing that MC1 has ever produced!

Cal wouldn't like that.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trout

CrazyFoxMachine

It's definitely a sign of power if he's in danger of dominating the entire competition :D

I'm sensing a very fishy month ahead....

Albion

I could do another landscape with Judge Fish.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

mimikeke

Quote from: Albion on 04 April, 2014, 04:18:00 PM
I could do another landscape with Judge Fish.  :D

haha I thought about that when Judge Fish was mentioned.  A sea of blue perhaps? :)