Main Menu

A Few 2000AD Questions...

Started by locustsofdeath!, 12 August, 2009, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Hello all...you guys have been great on getting me up to 2000AD speed so far, but I've got a few more questions and then I will probably stop asking questions for awhile. Here goes:

I bought several collections recently and have got a stack of 2000AD Sci-fi Specials and some 2000AD Mega-Special. Is this all reprinted material?

I've also got the first 50 or so Megazines and it appears to be material not in the Progs...at what point did it start reprinting stuff?

Should I try to read the Megazines that correspond to the Progs published at the same time, or do they rarely crossover?

Thanks in advance guys!

radiator

AFAIK, Sci Fi and Mega Specials don't contain much, if any, reprint. The collections will all be reprinted stuff.

The Megazine started reprinting stuff during volume 3 - around the time America 2 started - summer 1996, so there's 6 years of all original material.

There's a few crossovers (mainly Judgement Day, Mechanismo/Tenth PlanetWilderlands and Doomsday) plus you have other continuity things like Chief Judges etc, so yeah I'd try to read them in tandem.

locustsofdeath!

Many thanks radiator. This forum is incredible.

So there are three volumes of the Megazine? How many issues did each of the first two volumes run? I'll have to check which volumes I actually have.

I, Cosh

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 13 August, 2009, 12:48:06 AM

So there are three volumes of the Megazine? How many issues did each of the first two volumes run? I'll have to check which volumes I actually have.
Nope. There are five.

Megs on Barney
We never really die.

DavidXBrunt

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 August, 2009, 08:32:31 AM
Quote from: locustsofdeath on 13 August, 2009, 12:48:06 AM

Nope. There are five.

Megs on Barney

Technically there are four and one.