Main Menu

Desktop wallpaper recommendations

Started by Trout, 03 September, 2009, 03:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

What do you have on your desktop background? I bet the hive mind can recommend all sorts of amazing art to brighten up our computers!

I have a great Freakangels image right now, but I need a change.

- Trout

Colin YNWA

I've got this hodge podge of Metamorpho images I created while practicing using Paint.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bouwel

This is my desktop image:

I like bears.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

JOE SOAP

Dandontdare

Quote from: garageman on 03 September, 2009, 05:14:38 PM
How 'bout this:

Hey I posted a smaller version of that pic months ago! Can't for the life of me remember why, but it's still in my photobucket album!

I change mine often. I had the Sgt Pepper's pastiche from last month's art comp for a few weeks, but it was a bit busy, so I'm currently using the classic stront from this site.

Top Tip: My usual method is to scan the covers of graphic novels and then add a thick black bar left and right - this not only makes it screen-shaped, but gives a nice plain background to park your shortcuts on. I've had some fabulous Hulk and Ultimates desktops recently. Best to choose the cover galleries and alternates (that they always include to pad out the page-count) as they don't have all the text.

vzzbux

Normally a piccy of my family but at the moment it is the fan photo/CGI of Dredd on his bike from the Judge Minty collection. Which incidentally the missus says would make a good tattoo.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kerrin

I've got Mike Carroll's awesome Dreddworld lego image. It's at the bottom of this page,

http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,19323.150.html

If you've never had a look, check out the rest of the thread to see plenty more of Mr.Carroll and the other 3D maestro's unbelievable constructions. Just brilliant.

Mike Gloady

Good pointer, Kerrin.  FOr some reason I'd never checked out that part of the thread. 

Lego City One.  Genius.  Another example of the rare talent and diseased mind that is Mike Carroll.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Trout

Lego City One it is! Nice one, Mike.

- Trout

johnnystress

I have Greg Staples' view of Mega City 1

obscured by a zillion files I keep meaning to sort out

SmallBlueThing

I currently have a very stretched and pixelated picture of John Carpenter's face looming out of the dark...

It was the downloadable Slaine one from this here site, but it's scanned-off-whiteness annoyed me too much.

Steev

Kerrin

Quote from: King Trout on 04 September, 2009, 02:35:39 PM
Lego City One it is! Nice one, Mike.

- Trout

He is the Don, is he not, your Majesty. I keep thinking that maybe I'll have a change of wallpaper, but I'm damned if I can find anything I like better. Cheers again Mike.

DavidXBrunt

Perhaps something sci-fi, but with a retro feel to it? A rocket in space, but one that looks like a firework used as a prop in a film serial?

http://sayswholive.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/minogue-kylie-rocket.jpg

Or something with Daleks?

http://frecuencias.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/kylie-dalek.jpg?w=269&h=356

Mike Gloady

Yep, not content with BUILDING Lego City One, he gave it such a cool name.  Mike Carroll, we salute you!

Love it.  It's my new desktop as of right now.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever