Main Menu

My 10,000th post

Started by Trout, 20 October, 2009, 03:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

Gawd Trout, can't take you anywhere.

Yes, so, anyway, the Privileged Pavillion does exist - poor spelling and all. It was an idea I cooked up one weekend when we started handing out, well, privileges to users. Seeing as we've got part of the readme thread here already, here's the whole thing:

Quote from: VinceBot
If you can see this forum then you're one of the lucky individuals who've been granted extra-awesome powers on this forum or a published creator in 2000AD, but aren't a member of forum staff (Moderator or Admin).

What is this place?

This forum is in place so you can post about things and the staff members will pay extra attention - such as notices about your own threads, alerts, suggestions, complaints or anything else.

Why do you care?

Where I hope this forum will really shine is in bringing community issues to our attention - While I'm an administrator I don't really read many threads or participate in discussions, however you guys are active forum members and hopefully have a better feel for the community and atmosphere around here.

Hopefully if theres an issue we (the staff) are unaware of, you guys can post about it here and maybe suggest some solutions before it starts to strangle the entire user base.

Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Please don't mention this subforum or the discussions inside it anywhere else on the 2000AD forum. We don't mean to keep this place a secret, but we don't want other users to feel like they're not invited to the cool kids club. This place is here for convenience.

Happy posting.

The purpose of the forum was more or less to facilitate administration - to let those who have been deemed at one time or another to be trustworthy help us make decisions, or let them bring rising issues to our immediate attention.

There was an obvious need to mention the forum was both invisible and private, and I figured it would be better to not mention its existence rather than make other users, who are just as valuable, feel like they aren't good enough to be involved. It's less about one persons voice being more valuable than anothers and more about thinning out the number of voices overall.

As you guys now know about the forum, thats great, but I'd still like the keep the PP running exactly how it has been. To clarify; the PP is only accessible by admins, moderators, 2000ad creators, and users whose accounts have been given special permissions to do things above regular users (sticky threads, make announcements, etc).

As I'm all for transparency but don't want to make the PP a public forum, let me elaborate on "the four topics" which trout hinted at earlier.

• Privileged Pavillion Readme - what I posted above
  • 2000ad Creator Group - a list of 2000ad creators and discussion on that group
  • Future forum rules - A thread discussing the forum rules and changes that were made before they became public
  • Scojo discussion - a thread by me, asking why I should be afraid

And besides, there's yet another forum above that which you guys can't see, where the admins go to put their feet up.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

A Cheese and Onion Tayto sandwich, is the best use I found for crisps.

A massive congratulations Trout and a great use of your momentous post.  

Dandontdare

Quote from: King Trout on 20 October, 2009, 05:31:11 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed nobody thought it was a wind-up.
- Trout

I absolutely did until Wake went and confirmed it! If there'd been a solid wall of denial from The Powers That Be, we'd have doubted your sanity or hounded you out of town as a liar and malcontent!

Wake forgot the rule - "The first rule of PP, is you don't talk about PP. The second rule of PP is DON'T PUT CHEESE IN IT"

VinceBot

Why is there cheese in my PP?

Edit: Wait what

IAMTHESYSTEM

Brace yourselves for the 10,000th piece of fishy posting...

Hail to the King, Baby! ;D
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

satchmo

Seabrooks Tomato Sauce flavour crisps. That's all I've got to say.*

* Apart from again gratuitously mentioning that I'm gonna be a Dad :)

Zarjazzer

10,000 posts. He didn't think it too many.

thanks for exposing what history will no doubt call  "Judgegate-priveledged pavillion-illuminati conspiracy-giant lizards".

I for one welcome our new Pavillion overlords.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: satchmo on 20 October, 2009, 09:12:17 PM
Seabrooks Tomato Sauce flavour crisps. That's all I've got to say.*

* Apart from again gratuitously mentioning that I'm gonna be a Dad :)

Well done sir!

Not on the crisps- they sound minging.

Trout

Thanks for that, Vince. All the best.

- Trout

Roger Godpleton

Your mom, Trout. Your mom.

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Now I have less than 90 posts until I'm at 10101. What should I do for that? What's that when it's binary?

Kerrin

21 again Trout.

I think. I have enough trouble with the decimal system let alone frigging binary.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 20 October, 2009, 09:45:00 PM
10,000 posts. He didn't think it too many.

thanks for exposing what history will no doubt call  "Judgegate-priveledged pavillion-illuminati conspiracy-giant lizards".

I for one welcome our new Pavillion overlords.

Its like a hierachial masonic pyramid or layers of an onion.

If you advance through all the different layers you get to the pinnacle and reach a state of enlightenment or illumination where you shall be called into the office of Tharg The Mighty .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

DavidXBrunt

I've been directed back to the site by a mucker who thought I should take a look at the thread.

Let my last post here (tantalisingly one short of 7500 posts) be one of congratulations to Trouty, one of the most amiable peole I've ever met. I don't think I've ever written this so here goes...

Hail to the King.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: DavidXBrunt on 20 October, 2009, 11:33:22 PM

Let my last post here

Wossallthatabout, DXB? I know we've not seen eye to eye on many things, but I don't think you've got me on ignore, so I just want to say that I would certainly miss your input on this forum. It's been clear from your more recent posts that you've a lot on your plate, but I'd certainly implore you to pop in now and then. The board will be noticeably poorer without you.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.