Main Menu

Prog 1817

Started by moly, 26 January, 2013, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Noisybast on 02 February, 2013, 04:09:47 PM
Quite amused by the "subject matter wasn't for me" comments.  It's OK, you know - Nobody will think you're (shhh!) gay for enjoying a story about a gay character. I'm pretty sure my friends and neighbours don't think I'm a cockney terrorist, dimension-hopping toff, magic pirate or a mutant revolutionary, either (do they?).
Post of the week? :lol:

Professor Bear

I couldn't give a toss about the subject matter, although FEAR IS WHAT KILLED HIM was a bit too on-the-nose for me.

Kudos

Self pimpery ahoy... I did a blog about Prog 1817 and the sensationalist headlines it generated if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/02/02/blog-sex-and-the-megacity-closet-dredd-overreaction/

The Prodigal

Loving the prog at the moment and particularly enjoying Ampney as this is my first major foray into his world.

I thought the Dredd story was excellent-actually quite moving and as a youth worker by profession I felt it reflected many of the struggles of young people slowly coming to terms with their sexuality, often in the worst of circumstances.

Hawkmumbler

Wasn't aware that Gog and Magog where in Stickleback. Still need to get the first trade of that actualy, heard it's ace.

MercZ

Late to the party here, it seems everything I wanted to say was said. I liked the stories, the whole prog made for some good reading.

I was surprised by the direction of the Dredd strip. It reminded me of why Dredd stands out to me more than other comics.

House of Usher

Quote from: House of Usher on 27 January, 2013, 12:06:07 PM
Query about 'Ampney Crucis Investigates': the Prime Minister bears the likeness of a 1970s/80s TV and film actor, doesn't he? Any ideas who I'm thinking of and what he was in?

It was Richard Vernon I was thinking of! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0894710/

He was Startibartfast in The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Lord Bartlesham in Ripping Yarns as well as being in Nanny, The Duchess of Duke Street, Yes Minister and episodes of various drama and adventure series over 5 decades playing aristocrats and military officers.
STRIKE !!!