Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Have we had a full list of 2000ad (as opposed to British Treasury of Comics) graphic novel releases for 2021? If not, can anyone fill in the missing gaps?

rs_jr

when is the next slaine starting ? this suppose to be the last Slaine series correct ?

IndigoPrime

It started in the Christmas issue. And, yes, it's the last Sláine unless Mills changes his mind about never writing for 2000 AD again.

broodblik

I think Pat is working on a Joe Pineapples series. Simon Bisley was taking huis time and I think Clint Langley is taking over art duties.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rately

Quote from: broodblik on 11 January, 2021, 10:51:48 AM
I think Pat is working on a Joe Pineapples series. Simon Bisley was taking huis time and I think Clint Langley is taking over art duties.

I thought Pat was finished writing the story, from snippets I've seen out and abut, I think the story has been ready for about six years, just waiting for Simon Bisley to get it done.

Excuse my ignorance, but if Pat wasn't finished, and has now ceased working for 2000AD, i assume that Rebellion would just get someone else to finish the story? ( Inevitable leading to more squabbles between Pat, Fans etc. online )

IndigoPrime

Wasn't the ignorance that the script is done, but that Bisley only did a bit of it (which then dovetailed into Mills complaining about how Rebellion pay everyone really badly)?

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 January, 2021, 03:45:46 PM
Wasn't the ignorance that the script is done, but that Bisley only did a bit of it (which then dovetailed into Mills complaining about how Rebellion pay everyone really badly)?

I think I read that Simon had finished 1 or 2 episodes, but that he hadn't worked on it in some time and they got tired of waiting.

Christ. It would have been lovely to see a full series by Simon.

alphadogau

Given that this is probably the last ABC Warriors story, wouldn't it be cool to release this as a one off graphic novel rather than in the prog?
Are we there yet?

BPP

Bisley ABC warriors pages go for 5 fugue sums.

You think he'd pump out some regardless of what Tharg pays.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Art

Pretty sure money has nothing to do with it. Bisley's rate of output is just Bisley's rate of output.

AlexF

Quote from: BPP on 13 January, 2021, 11:30:32 PM

That's a hell of a typo! Bisley takes payment in the form of sung-through arithmetic?

Rately

Quote from: AlexF on 14 January, 2021, 09:41:04 AM
Quote from: BPP on 13 January, 2021, 11:30:32 PM

That's a hell of a typo! Bisley takes payment in the form of sung-through arithmetic?

Immediately imagined Simon Bisley wandering naked around a New Mexico supermarket, mumbling about Tharg.

BPP

Heh.

My bad.

But given he's a (loveable) lunatic... maybe?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rately

Quote from: BPP on 14 January, 2021, 10:04:15 AM
Heh.

My bad.

But given he's a (loveable) lunatic... maybe?

:lol:

After the year we have put in, and the way 2021 is already shaping up...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Art on 14 January, 2021, 01:00:41 AM
Pretty sure money has nothing to do with it. Bisley's rate of output is just Bisley's rate of output.
I should note for the record that I'm certainly not suggesting Bisley had an issue with what Rebellion pay, but that Mills was (again) inferring that this was a problem. Although given that Langley's finishing off the strip...