Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: DrRocka on 13 May, 2017, 02:04:46 PM
There've a lot of Grandfather references though

And to Bill's deceased mother.

I wonder...

Tiplodocus

Space Zombies was another good one I thought.  Simple set up, nice performances, targets were a bit obvious but it hit them well.  Not sure about the "reveal" at the end though
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Space zombies was indeed okay. Strong concept, pretty well executed. I think the political subtext was a bit too subtle for me though!

moly

Dandontdare

I sometimes wonder if an entire story is constructed around a single pun (e.g. Mike Carroll's recent " you shot my paw") and if it's a good 'un I don't care. The line [spoiler]like all workers everywhere, we're fighting the suits" [/spoiler] was brilliant. A good episode of a good series, the only bit that didn't really work was [spoiler]"I knew the suit was low on power and would only half-kill you"[/spoiler] ... huh?

Steve Green

sheridan

ABCwarBOT

I usually watch Nu Who though I'm not a big fan of it.   Especially when they shove characters like Missy in it and all this Timelords can now change gender bollocks.    It's a bit like an advert for the LGBT movement. 

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 May, 2017, 10:31:46 PM
Enjoying the hell out of this series so far.  Pretty much what I wanted from Capaldi's Doctor from the start -- I'll be very sorry to see him go. More like 'proper' Who than anything we've had for years.

Possibly.   I much prefer Capaldi to the annoying Tennant and Smith for sure and the stories are more like something from the Tom Baker era (to a point anyway).   Just can't stand that Missy who looks like is darkening the shows door next week.

M.I.K.

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 17 May, 2017, 02:56:41 AM
I usually watch Nu Who though I'm not a big fan of it.   Especially when they shove characters like Missy in it and all this Timelords can now change gender bollocks.    It's a bit like an advert for the LGBT movement.

I don't think an unhinged alien psychopath who wants to destroy all human life is a particularly good advert for the LGBT movement...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 17 May, 2017, 02:56:41 AM
Dale, is that you?

Tiplodocus

Gender changing bollocks?

I thought that was a pretty good place to take the regeneration thing.

Was there anything said on screen that prohibited it in the completely made up life-cycle of Timelords and regeneration? Possibly - but things established in previous episodes can be changed if it makes for a good story.

It's just a pity the story and what they did with Missy wasn't that great or memorable (for me). But that's not the fault of the gender of the character.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

Time Lords have been changing genders (and races) in AU material since the 80's. Rassilon, Iris, and Romana are the three big examples.

Andy Lambert

You won't have to suffer Missy much longer - this series is her last. I'll miss Michelle Gomez's performance - I think she's been brilliant.

IndigoPrime

Complaints like the one in this thread feel like people raging against Thor being female, ignoring that he was once a frog, which is apparently somehow OK. Also, quite how a gender switch is like an advert for LGBT+, I have no idea. (Personally, I'd be quite happy if the next Doctor was something other than a white bloke as long as the portrayal was good.)