Main Menu

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 20 April, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 04 May, 2017, 06:51:20 PM
Flamin' Hot was the technical term.

Famin' Hot and Pickled Onion are the only two valid choices for Monster Munch flavours.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Saucy Tomato was one of the old flavours according to wikipedia.

After reading Scarred for Life, I'm missing Horror Bags - the racist sweets, less so.

Rara Avis

Lol in Ireland 'wearin the face' has another meaning.

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 May, 2017, 08:10:09 PM
The trick was to close your eyes and pretend you were wearin the Face of Dirk Benedict.

Dandontdare

I've been listening to the Spacespinner 2000 podcast - two Americans trying to make sense of the prog (and 70s Britain) from the start - and they had a whole thing about British kids' weird obsession with savoury snack flavours - Pickled Onion flavour Outer Spacers blew their tiny minds; and they had to google Weetabix to find out what it is (I can't wait till they get to the skinhead ads!). And they're convinced that every British kid collected stamps in the 70s.

The Legendary Shark

I remember having hours of fun with the Weetabix cut-out dioramas, even to the point of eating several breakfasts a day to empty the box so I could cut it up. Do they still do those or are they one of the many things to have grown "lame" over the years?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Heath C Ackley

I remember those cut-outs Sharky. I recall the Dr Who scene one with Tom Baker, Sarah Jane Daleks Cybermen and Ice Warriors
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

The Legendary Shark

Oh yeah! That Dr Who one was great - hours of innocent, imaginative fun.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mattofthespurs

Loved those Weetabix Doctor Who cut outs and cardboard standees.
My first crime was stealing them from the bottom of boxes in Tesco.

Also remember the Shreddies ones featuring Star Wars where you would get transfers to rub onto the scenes on the box.
Utterly hated Shreddies anh had to plow through boxes of the odious things.
Ended up pouring them into the bin straight from the box when my Mum wasn't looking.

JamesC

Shreddies had Superman 2 scenes too (also with those scribble-on transfers). Any Jaws 3D ones that you had to look at through 3D glasses that were packed in the box (actually that might have been Sugar Puffs).
I think Weetabix had Flash Gordon stickers.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I tried the new Curry Pot Noodle. It was awful with hardly any taste at all let alone any curry flavour. Misery.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

Somehow I've always considered Pot Noodles to be inherently depressing. They require too much faffing about to be a proper snack and not enough faffing about to be a proper meal. It's like artificial food for the borderline suicidal.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 05 May, 2017, 07:36:45 AM
Loved those Weetabix Doctor Who cut outs and cardboard standees.
My first crime was stealing them from the bottom of boxes in Tesco.

Also remember the Shreddies ones featuring Star Wars where you would get transfers to rub onto the scenes on the box.
Utterly hated Shreddies anh had to plow through boxes of the odious things.
Ended up pouring them into the bin straight from the box when my Mum wasn't looking.

Funny, I liked Shreddies and loathed Weetabix. Eating Weetabix was like eating the floor sweepings of a barn to me.

JamesC

Weetabix are great and hot Weetabix are even better!

Bolt-01

Wrong- cold milk and a generous spoon of sugar.

Eat quickly while still crunchy.

yum.

The Legendary Shark

Hot Weetabix is just wrong - like a hot 99.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]