Main Menu

Modern Life Is Rubbish

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 20 April, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 05 May, 2017, 09:29:02 AM
I tried the new Curry Pot Noodle. It was awful with hardly any taste at all let alone any curry flavour. Misery.

I don't know of the new one you speak...

But I am partial to a Bombay Bad-boy. Even with the silly name.

As for cereals, I never really took to weetabix but I didn't mind them in small amounts as a kid.

(Nowadays my cereal of choice is porridge or fruit and fibre.)

I've also been told the way I have cereal is strange, i.e. I like a bit of milk, but not too much as I like it all crunchy. Well, apart from porridge which is meant to be like that, but I'm not keen on that being liquidy. I have a vague memory of being with friends/colleagues and doing this, and the person opposite me grabbed the milk and splashed a load more on my cereal, assuming I was just taking a little to be polite.
No. I don't like it like that.  (I still ate it though as I don't like to waste things.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Rara Avis on 04 May, 2017, 08:59:04 PM
Lol in Ireland 'wearin the face' has another meaning.

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 May, 2017, 08:10:09 PM
The trick was to close your eyes and pretend you were wearin the Face of Dirk Benedict.

Well I'm scarlet for both of us!

Link Prime

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 May, 2017, 11:15:25 AM
Somehow I've always considered Pot Noodles to be inherently depressing. They require too much faffing about to be a proper snack and not enough faffing about to be a proper meal. It's like artificial food for the borderline suicidal.

The last time I ate a Pot Noodle was a particular low point in life;

At the age of 19 me and my best mate quit our jobs to go work in Jersey for the summer.
Instead of looking for a job or permanent place to stay, we just went out drinking every night.
Instead of budgeting our cash, we splashed out on a hangover cure in British Home Stores every day.

By night 8 we had exactly enough money left for a return flight to Dublin and a Pot Noodle dinner- which we ate using our toothbrushes as we didn't have any forks in the guesthouse.

JamesC

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 May, 2017, 03:50:03 PM
Somehow I've always considered Pot Noodles to be inherently depressing. They require too much faffing about to be a proper snack and not enough faffing about to be a proper meal. It's like artificial food for the borderline suicidal.

The last time I ate a Pot Noodle was a particular low point in life;

At the age of 19 me and my best mate quit our jobs to go work in Jersey for the summer.
Instead of looking for a job or permanent place to stay, we just went out drinking every night.
Instead of budgeting our cash, we splashed out on a hangover cure in British Home Stores every day.

By night 8 we had exactly enough money left for a return flight to Dublin and a Pot Noodle dinner- which we ate using our toothbrushes as we didn't have any forks in the guesthouse.

Low point?
Sounds like a right laugh for a 19 year old.

Smith

This thread reminded me on something from Bloom County.
Anyhow,we all long for some simpler times one way or the other;even if we know the golden age wasnt quite as golden as it looks from this perspective.Its how humans are hardwired,I guess.

Dandontdare

Nostalgia is nowhere near as good as it used to be.  ;)

Smith

In my days,nostalgia goggles were built to last.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Mardroid on 05 May, 2017, 02:54:10 PM
I've also been told the way I have cereal is strange . . .

Porridge oats with cold milk, superior both in taste and texture. People take great offense to this, however.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Rara Avis

Don't be   :)

But it also kinda made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/JAi0sM1kqNA?t=62

By the way these get my vote for the best instant noodles:

Mattofthespurs

As a kid I used to eat Weetabix with butter spread on them.
Don't know why.
It was vile.
Probably all we had in the house.

Smith

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 May, 2017, 08:10:09 PM
The trick was to close your eyes and pretend you were wearin the Face of Dirk Benedict.

He'll always be Starbuck to me!

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 May, 2017, 02:53:40 PM
Hot Weetabix is just wrong - like a hot 99.

The latter sounds like something on offer at Kings Cross...

{edit} though as KX is increasingly gentrified, perhaps a different region is the new RLD{/edit}

sheridan

Mmm, pot noodles = pour in boiling water, stir for a bit, eat - is that faffing about?  Or have I made mine wrong?

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 05 May, 2017, 02:54:10 PM
I've also been told the way I have cereal is strange, i.e. I like a bit of milk, but not too much as I like it all crunchy.

Sounds good to me - not dry crunchy, but not soggy either.