Main Menu

Prog 1474 - Damaged Goods!

Started by The Amstor Computer, 06 February, 2006, 09:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

radiator

Worst cover in a long, long, time

What actually is it? It looks like a sort of rock monster thing chinning a spaceship....

House of Usher

Did anyone see the review of Prog 2006 in this month's Comics International? I was a bit miffed, seeing as I wrote it, that a few extra words had been inserted editorially before it went to press.

Thus, the sentence as I wrote it went "Rob Williams and Mark Harrison's The Ten-Seconders makes its debut"; but in the published version of the review, the word "excellent" got inserted before The Ten-Seconders. Personally, I thought it was a bit early to say, but evidently the series has a fan on the Comics International staff!
STRIKE !!!

The Amstor Computer

Blimey. That's a bit much, as the addition of that single word changes the meaning of your line entirely. Worth complaining about, or not?

House of Usher

Believe me, I did. With any luck it won't happen again (i.e. a fourth time...). It may still be worth an amusing epistle for the CI letters page if I can be bothered and they've still got time before the next print deadline. The other thing that didn't make sense in the same review was presumably the same person adding the words "as expected" at the start, where I began the review with the words "the special 100-page Christmas/New Year Prog doesn't disappoint". If I had known before reading it that I wouldn't be disappointed, why would I have raised the spectre of disappointment in the first place?

:D
STRIKE !!!

Leigh S

Nice to know PAt Mills is still buying the Bob Dylan records!