Main Menu

Prog 1475 - at long bloody last!

Started by longmanshort, 13 February, 2006, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

Wow, after three years of posting on this board (as of this month!) I actually start a review thread! Thank god I missed my first bus ...

All good stuff - real nice Dredd tale by Edington and D'Israeli. Slaine finally grinds to a halt. Ten-Seconders is actually quite good. And this was the first episode of Synnamon that I was actually disappointed in.

Oh, and Gary's Pitchfest winning Future Shock finally sees print - with a certain familiar face appearing ;-)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

WoD

You know, I'm glad I didn't rush on and start this thread, would have felt bad all day if I had done!

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

WoD

And spoil your chance of starting this thread...I'm really that nice you know!

DavidXBrunt

Bolt-01

Top proggage for a monday morning.

Glad I had the day off work (Off to see Narnia with the kids as well later)

Droid Life: Not the best, but a welcome appearance.

Dredd was superb, Edginton really hit tha mark this time and D'Isreali- what is there to say.

Synnamon was about as straight forward as I wanted, and the art work was nice.

Slaine: It isn't the end, he's got to find Crom Dubh...

FShock: A strangely familiar tale from Gary: Well done for getting Steve R on the art duties.

Ten seconders: A cracking little tale this, really enjoying it.

Nerve centre: Apparently we are going to gat a glimpse of a new character next week- Can I lay my bet that it involves Boo Cook?

Bolt-01

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/1475.jpg">

WoD

Dredd reminded me of one of my favourite Dredd tales, the one where the villian has been shot through the head (IIRC) by 3 judges and is cryo-freezed until he can serve his time (bet they don't do that much these days in the Meg) and then comes back (via time travel) to get his revenge...Dredd wins and ends up putting him on 'ice' again, but this time with the sentence of life...

DavidXBrunt

A decent enough prog behind a samey looking cover.

Droidlife made me smile and Thargs intro and letter comments were fun too.

Dredd - Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Slaine - A decent episode to pause on. The art is always better when you can see it.

10 seconders - Still holds my interest.

Synnamon - Felt like the sort of thing that would have been told in a panel or two back in the day. Move the plot on please.

Future Shock - Well done Gary and that nice mr Roberts too. Some of the best art in a while and a fun story. Quite a quick turn around for a pitchfest winner too.

House of Usher

When I read "at long bloody last!", I thought "...but it's only Monday..."

;-)

Now I see where you're coming from.
STRIKE !!!

[YT-2]

>Dredd reminded me of one of my favourite Dredd tales, the one where the villian has been shot through the head (IIRC) by 3 judges and is cryo-freezed until he can serve his time

The Other Slab Tynan
Judge Dredd Annual 1984
Script: John Wagner
Artist: Carlos Ezquerra

Reprinted
Judge Dredd Megazine 208

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=specials&choice=DREDD84" target="_blank">Dredd Annual 1984

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/mediumres/dredd84.jpg">

[YT-2]

I did get my hopes up when I saw the cover but no its not the final act and at some point you know Slaine will be dragged out again because someone didn't think it too many.

Art

Slaine hasn't been into space yet has he?

Bad Andy

I knew Sewell's story was familiar, but didn't realise it was so recent (Prog 1390).

The happy teeth is a new development, isn't it?

I'm really enjoying the 10 Seconders.
I'm really despairing of Synnamon girl. My first introduction to the character was the last story, which seemed quite interesting and I didn't see why everyone was slagging her off. Now I do.

This is pish and I can't be bothered working out what the hell is going on.

Proudhuff

Muppet voice off: 'Slaine in spacccceeeee! The on going saga of a story gone to the doghouse'  
Sorry couldn't resist.

Me and Thargy, like a three year old with his dad, questions, bloody questions...
Cover: Shouldn't that have been at the start of the story to pull people in?

Droid Life: Religon? Cartoons? Where's the Belelgeusian Embassy?

Dredd see above time traveller story, but what is the weapon Dredd uses to slice up the IBod?

Synnamon How does she breathe and not explode in space dad?

FShock: Can it be my FS next pllleeeease?

Ten seconders: Can It get any better?

Slaine: Would you believe it? it's the wimmin's fault! and she was the murderer, tsk.

happy-tooth Huff
DDT did a job on me

opaque

I suppose when they drag the decaying corpse of Slaine out for another go in 6 months (as will obviously and unfortunately happen) we might as well have the full Nemesis-esque photo story. After all it's pretty much there already.
Really couldn't give a **** for Slaine these days.