Main Menu

Prog 1486 - Lock and Load

Started by The Amstor Computer, 02 May, 2006, 09:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

I don't like The VCs, but I thought it was the best thing this Prog. It was the strip that most resembled a proper story; and I thought it was well written. A 10-page opener is an odd thing, when one is more used to seeing double-length concluding chapters to get a story the hell over with.

Judge Dredd was my second favourite this Prog, because it all made sense and the Bruce Wayne/vigilante torture-prison is a neat idea.

Lobster Random had some very good moments: the pervy robot thing and the dinosaur - Carl Critchlow should draw more dinosaurs - but I couldn't remember why Lobster Random had thrown his lot in with the gangsters, so I struggled to make sense of it and I don't have time/can't be bothered to go and re-read Prog 1485 to sort out what's what.

Low Life, to me, just went 'blah blah blah' for a bunch of pages; and I went 'what?'
STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

The V.C.s

Episode #1; Prog 140.

Jupe:  
"Our job's to patrol the system, right?  Keep it secure and clean up the Geeks till someone works out a strategy, right?  So we call ourselves the VCs ... the Vacuum Cleaners."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

DavidXBrunt

They're the mob that kidnapped his girlf whilst she was pretending to be a rich botch to trap suckers.

Dark Jimbo

They're the mob that kidnapped his girlf whilst she was pretending to be a rich bitch to trap suckers.

Pretending?
@jamesfeistdraws

W. R. Logan

>I've never heard of that Logan, is it a sort of mega city punks without the mega city story? Was it a mini-series, how long did it last and why was it so bad towards the end?
>All these questions and more, must be asked.

set in the bat universe, bad guys caught and locked away by vigilantes. lasted 12 issues, first 11 are easy to find, number 12 can elusive.
Looks like someones going to lend them you so you'll find out.

W. R. Logan

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/vc.jpg">

House of Usher

Right, because they clean up the geeks in the icy vacuum of space...
STRIKE !!!

Carlsborg Expert

I think the covers good. Its hard to get that balance right in group compositions abd make it sell effective. Williams nearly bottles it with Kryx on the right there> He should come out to the edge a bit more.Maybe some more overhead light on Smith too.Should have had the logo behind the spaceship.

Not.

I like Cats cartoon and he really should squeese some more out of this *joke*.

Dredd I quote Black Grape when I say;-Jesus was black man,
No Jesus was Batman,
NO!!That was Bruce Wayne.

I really like Ian's art usually but this week I fort it lacked depth.Which is a shame for his robot was incredible.Very nice Dreddbutt centreing one panel. Oh and some naked lass. Its cat and mouse though init.

Yeah , yeah,Lobster Random defies all criticism, must be good to be Spurrier and Critchlow at the mo.Chewing poencils, wearing shades and scoochin' around on wheeled chair givin' each other a "High five" every so...Yeah well you feckers can get on with writing and painting the next all new Ace Garp stories  can't yer, smarty pants!

Anybody who went to engineering college of some sort have eaten in the VC's canteen.Has eaten with that Goth chick who fancied all the wrong guys.
Then we have the space advenure.
I like it.
The set up is good, guided me in alright and blatantly pushes new charactor with formulaic prose. Simple and effective. Like the Vax.And the art puts the Dredd story in the shade for atmosphere I'm afraid.

Is it me or is Coleby a)getting better with each passing panel or b) enjoying Aimee Nixons story more than a Dirty Frank tale?
I don't see the complaints at humour justified I think they are just being human.
The penultimate page to this story is the most thought provoking in this weeks whole issue.

Cracker is obviously there to make up the numbers but I don't see the reporter being Blackbird.That is just not LowLifeto me.

Tharg thinks cricket's boring?

Green git doesn't know what hes missing! He could be sat around eating his cups in the mid day sun. The dulcid clop of leather against willow.PFFt.Big green fop.

scutfink

'Kay Fate, Logan, Usher, you're right, I could, possibly, have been mistaken :)

Grant Goggans

We just got 1486 & 1487, and I never post on these threads since those of us who buy from comic shops in the US are a few weeks behind...

But I just had to say that the cliffhanger to this episode of Lobster Random is utterly freaking hilarious.  I noticed the little cover of 1490 on the site, of course, but I had no idea they were conjoined!!