Main Menu

Presents under Tharg’s Forum Festive Thrill-Tree

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 December, 2020, 06:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So we've got no Advent calendar this year, but let's not let that stifle our festive creativeness. If you have something you'd have put in the advent calendar, just have a song, a poem, a creative activity, or a drawing you'd like to share with the Forum why not pop it as a present under Tharg's Forum Festive Thrill-Tree.

Unlike the advent calendar there's no schedule, so drop something off for all forumites to enjoy whenever it suits you. If you see one day have lots of treats then why not wait for a quieter day so your gift gets the attention it deserves. If you can't wait no biggie.

I'll start another thread for 'Thanks cards for presents under the Thrill-tree'. So this thread can be all about the goodies.

Come on why not slip something under Tharg's evergreen bushy delight for us all to enjoy?

Colin YNWA

To kick things off and to emphasize that anything can be put under the thrill-tree my first gift is... well sorry.. it's another tourney - I know, I know, from me as cliche as sock for X-Mas presents, but hey this one is all Christamas themed so why not join in and have a bit of fun over at

'Forum's Favourite Festive Front Tourney'

Colin YNWA

Hope AlexF doesn't mind me moving this here. But this is a perfect example of the presents that can be left under the Thrill-Tree

Quote from: AlexF on 30 November, 2020, 06:42:13 PM
Don't know if this counts as an Advent Calendar alternative, but I have resolved and indeed made necessary preparations for the Heroes of 2000AD Blog to run all through December!

- Going to post two new entries per week, and more over the Xmas/New Year break - and following the Space Spinner getting ahead model I have indeed already written and scheduled them. The end is in sight - I'm drawing the line of 'hero' at a count of 50, which I figure is enough stories to fill a year's worth of Progs.

But that's not enough!
On the 3 off days between new Heroes entries, I'm also running another Blog ranking the Judge Dredd epics. By my criteria, there are 52 in total...
I'll post links to that tomorrow once the blog itself goes live.

sheridan

My first contribution - a sort-of-quiz - hope y'all like it, 'coz I've got one for every day up to christmas!

GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times.

AlexF

Thanks Colin, for copying that link here!
The 'Heroes of 2000AD blog will rumble on on Friday'.

In the meantime, why not check out a new, much more limited in scope blog here:
https://dreddepicsranked.blogspot.com/

in which I break down all the Dredd epic storylines in order of how good they are.
And yes, I will be making reference to Broodblik's Ultimate Dredd Tourney, but only at the very end.
Spoiler alert - the hive minds assessment doesn't line up with mine.

I'll set up another thread in case people are interested enough to tell me how wrong I am.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

If that grid is correct, then at this point the entirety of Scream has been collected by now - some of it more than once!

Or is 'fiends and neighbours' an actual series? Kind of sounds like a set of spooky pin-ups.

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 03 December, 2020, 09:45:42 AM
If that grid is correct, then at this point the entirety of Scream has been collected by now - some of it more than once!

Or is 'fiends and neighbours' an actual series? Kind of sounds like a set of spooky pin-ups.

Fiends and Neighbours was a one page gag strip (such as is associated with Beano, Dandy and other children's comics - as opposed to young teens or whatever Scream!, Eagle, Tiger and the rest were classified as).

M.I.K.

One or two page gag strip, and was itself a reprint from Cor!! comic.

I don't think any of Tales From The Grave has been reprinted yet, has it?

Funt Solo

Quote from: AlexF on 03 December, 2020, 09:45:42 AM
If that grid is correct...

Sir, I am a nerd!

---

Random Grids of Yesteryear #2: Toxic!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

For some reason I find that Warrior Grid fascinating and it surprises me how choppy the line-up was... it shouldn't I've read um all and kinda thing that's how it struck me at the time (I read them that is). Also I thought there was more Bojeffries in there...

Anyway the real reason I'm here when preparing something for the Thrill-tree I stumbles across a picture I did for the advent as a back up last year and never finished. So I finished it up and present it here to remind folks to throw a pressie under the Thrill tree if the mood takes you.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan